CAN YOU HELP ME FIND THIS COMIC??

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I was born in the U.K. but grew up in the US and I love UK comics and annuals. I used to get send to me regularly by my nan. Anway, one of the comic strips I remember was about two kids, brother and sister, I think who had secret identities and cats or tigers. In other words, they would change into their kit which had head gear and claws and a tail and they would have adventures. I have a mental picture of them scaling a wall to get into (our out of) a house. They weren't superheroes, more like kids with special traning and abilities and costumes. Do you know anything about this comic? Please help!!

Originally posted by Jkorsah on the old forum on 10/10/2002

Old Forum Fella

The only one I can think of is Billy the Cat & Katy - all black costumes and a helmet with a short visor. Scaled walls using a grappling device that looked like a cat's paw. Used to appear in Dandy. Later appeared in Buddy.

I won't tell you what happened to their 2000AD counterparts in the Nemesis story, Tiger Tom & Tammy, as it's far too sad.

Christian
http://www.superherostore.co.uk

Originally posted by Superhero Store on the old forum on 11/10/2002

Old Forum Fella

Hi I think this is probably Billy the Cat (and Katie) from the Beano. They wore black crash helmets with whiskers painted on. hope this helps Darrell

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 16/10/2002

Old Forum Fella

Could it be "leopard of Lime Street" that appeared in Buster ?

Originally posted by Dan on the old forum on 20/10/2002

Old Forum Fella

It does sound like Billy the Cat and Katie, from the late 60's / early 70's Beano - check their entry at http://www.adrianmiller.co.uk/internati ... llycat.htm to see if they are the ones you remember.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 22/10/2002

Old Forum Fella

i think this sounds like billy the cat out of the beano to me

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 12/11/2002

Old Forum Fella

Billy the Cat springs to mind and later his sister or cousin joined him as some other creature. I think it appeared in the Topper or Beezer.

Originally posted by Flynx_uk on the old forum on 03/12/2002

Kev-1961

Re: CAN YOU HELP ME FIND THIS COMIC??

Post by Kev-1961 »

He appears in the Beano,starting in April 1967,-real name William Grange,he was later joined by his cousin Kathleen-`Katie`,hence the later title Billy The Cat and Katie,he-they,fought crime in the fictional town of Burnham,and may have been based on Spiderman,and may have been the inspiration for Judge Dredd.