Rare Viz Annual

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

David

Rare Viz Annual

Post by David »

Is the Viz annual The Big Hard One in softcover version worth anything?

kevf

Rare Viz Annual

Post by kevf »

Nope. Viz annuals, like most recent Brit annuals, are ten a penny. Even the early ones, before it was a million seller, can be found in second hand bookshops and Book Barns aplenty, and in Oxfam for 50p.

I'm in The Big Pink Stiff One, and I'm always coming across copies. (Fnaar fnaar)
Kev F - Comic Genius
http://comicfestival.co.uk

David

Re: Rare Viz Annual

Post by David »

kevf wrote:Nope. Viz annuals, like most recent Brit annuals, are ten a penny. Even the early ones, before it was a million seller, can be found in second hand bookshops and Book Barns aplenty, and in Oxfam for 50p.

I'm in The Big Pink Stiff One, and I'm always coming across copies. (Fnaar fnaar)
Thanks for the information, Kev. What story is it you do/did in Viz? Was it Finbarr Saunders?

4ucomics

Rare Viz Annual

Post by 4ucomics »

Kevf is right, however as in that are people who chase sets of those books and have seen them go up to ?10, however your book will need to be first edition and I believe there, not quite sure that there are different colours of that first edition.

Regards.

kevf

Re: Rare Viz Annual

Post by kevf »

David wrote:
kevf wrote:I'm in The Big Pink Stiff One, and I'm always coming across copies. (Fnaar fnaar)
Thanks for the information, Kev. What story is it you do/did in Viz? Was it Finbarr Saunders?
I did Tarquin Hoylet, He Has To Go To The Toilet. Not a long-lived strip. At the same time I started appearing in Oink, which was my first proper regular work.
Kev F - Comic Genius
http://comicfestival.co.uk