CAN ANYONE HELP WITH SCHOOL CHARACTERS?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I wonder if anyone remembers a school in either the Judy or Bunty which had a headmaster with a bald head but longish hair at the back. I realise this info is a bit vague but so is my memory. Could anyone enlighten me as to what the school was called and the headmaster? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Michelle on the old forum on 24/12/2002

Old Forum Fella

Hmmm, had a quick look at the Judy and Bunty sections on http://www.26pigs.com to see what info they had. Ha ha, it seems that every other strip was set in a school. Was it maybe The Four Marys strip from Bunty? Set in St Elmos with Mr "Basher" Bartlett?? Check out the site and see if anything goes "PING

Originally posted by Andy on the old forum on 30/12/2002

Old Forum Fella

Hi Michelle, I think you might be meaning "Skinflint School" in Judy? The last 2 episodes of one of the runs of this story are in issues 303 and 304 of Judy (which I have up on ebay at present). The school falls down at the end of the story in 304. I think there was a later run of the story when the Headmaster, Mr Ebenezer Scrape, took the school off round the country.

Originally posted by Totaid on the old forum on 26/03/2005