WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE RETURN?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Of all characters long gone who would you love to see return to 2000ad? My nomination is ADAM ETERNO who started life in Thunder #1 through to the last issue of Valiant.

Originally posted by TONY TUBBS on the old forum on 16/02/2003

Old Forum Fella

There are lots of characters I'd like to see return, but not necessarily to the pages of 2000 A.D. I've seen the way some characters are given the "2000 A.D. treatment" and much as I loved 2000 A.D. as a kid, I don't want them mutilating all the old characters I remember so fondly. I still shudder when I remember the way they turned the Spider into a psychotic cannibal. 2000 A.D. writers are fine, usually, when it is one of the magazines own characters, but when they originated elsewhere, the lack of respect with which they treat the original concepts can be nauseating.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 17/02/2003

Old Forum Fella

I thought the Spider in the 2000AD Action special was one of the best stories I've read!

Zenith was also a terrific story but I was dismayed at some of the characters treatment, e.g. Robot Archie & the Steel Claw to name but two - Morrison's version of Billy the Cat & Katy and Billy Whiz were spot on though! And why hasn't someone else thought of reviving Marvelman (ahem!).

I think some characters lend themselves easier to reinvention than others - the kid heroes, Leopard from Lime Street, General Jumbo, Billy the Cat etc and humourous stars like Billy Whiz, Full'o'Beans, Birdman'n'Chicken etc would probably best stay as your more traditional story but I could see Steel Claw, Adam Eterno, Kelly's Eye, etc in a grim'n'gritty style...and the rumours are IPC (owned by Warner Bros/ DC Comics) may be looking into it!

Chris
http://www.superherostore.co.uk

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on Superherostore.co.uk

Old Forum Fella

If it all goes according to plan,ADAM ETERNO returns in a pivotal role in LOOKING GLASS which I've written,drawn. I'm still in talks though if it does go ahead [76pp so far] it will feature most of the IPC/Fleetway characters of years ago -not the AWFUL ones seen in the 1992 2000AD Special.

Originally posted by Terry Hooper on the old forum on 17/02/2003