What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by paw broon »

O.K. you've stumped me with Bruce of Scotland. Needless to say it's not listed in the British guide, nor can I find any mention of it or Junior Press on any of my go to info. sites. Is there an indicia or any little detail inside that might help? You've got me curious, again. Any chance of a note of the other "thrilling" stories?
That's a few of us who are getting nowhere with this one. Is that why we need folk like Colin and others who are prepared to dig for this info.? All the more modern titles seem well known and researched but go back a bit and there are huge gaps in our knowledge. I'll keep digging but perhaps some of the younger, more computer literate members on here and on other sites might consider researching and talking about more than Whizzer and Chips, for example. We know so much about the mainstream titles, and, before I get shouted at, I'm aware there is always more to learn, but this older, less well known material is important also. It's all part of the history of the hobby.
See, just back from a holiday - and digital detox - and here I am, on my soapbox. :oops:

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

If you do 2-3 hours a day, every day, then making a living really does become possible. Though you have to be prepared to take small profits (£15-20) on many multiple items and usually buy large job lots and put the work in to split and list individually. You'll tend to be able to make a large profit (£100+) on maybe 2-3 items a month.

But yeah, it's absolutely possible.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

nice haul today of 59 busters (1960's) plus the dreaded doubles/better copies,28 of those were included.plus latest Viz.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

paw broon wrote:O.K. you've stumped me with Bruce of Scotland. Needless to say it's not listed in the British guide, nor can I find any mention of it or Junior Press on any of my go to info. sites. Is there an indicia or any little detail inside that might help? You've got me curious, again. Any chance of a note of the other "thrilling" stories?
That's a few of us who are getting nowhere with this one. Is that why we need folk like Colin and others who are prepared to dig for this info.? All the more modern titles seem well known and researched but go back a bit and there are huge gaps in our knowledge. I'll keep digging but perhaps some of the younger, more computer literate members on here and on other sites might consider researching and talking about more than Whizzer and Chips, for example. We know so much about the mainstream titles, and, before I get shouted at, I'm aware there is always more to learn, but this older, less well known material is important also. It's all part of the history of the hobby.
See, just back from a holiday - and digital detox - and here I am, on my soapbox. :oops:
Col said you'd be interested in this! When it's delivered, I'll have a good look through and see what info I can get and maybe make a separate post on it if it warrants it. I love a good puzzle!

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Picked up Jinty #1 from eBay earlier.

Or I had until the seller cancelled the sale and refunded after saying they hadn't charged enough.

Cheers :headbash:

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

...I didn't even know Ebay allowed people to do that!!!??? :shock:

Isn't there some principle of Caveat Venditor governing closed sales?

blaing

Post by blaing »

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times.:(

I have bought items on good faith, only to be told the item is no longer available, and being refunded.

But being told that they didn't charge enough, that is plain ridiculous.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

paw broon wrote:O.K. you've stumped me with Bruce of Scotland. Needless to say it's not listed in the British guide, nor can I find any mention of it or Junior Press on any of my go to info. sites. Is there an indicia or any little detail inside that might help? You've got me curious, again. Any chance of a note of the other "thrilling" stories?
He's already had me searching for this one! It was I that recommended you as the guru for this one. I just can't find anything about it. When Adam posts the information, I hope it's enough to help us both find out something more about this unknown comic.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

koollectablz wrote:Picked up Jinty #1 from eBay earlier.

Or I had until the seller cancelled the sale and refunded after saying they hadn't charged enough.

Its back on for £60 if you're still interested :lol:

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

colcool007 wrote:
paw broon wrote:O.K. you've stumped me with Bruce of Scotland.
He's already had me searching for this one! It was I that recommended you as the guru for this one. I just can't find anything about it. When Adam posts the information, I hope it's enough to help us both find out something more about this unknown comic.
I must admit I'm stumped on this too - is it definitely a comic? I'll be interested to see what Adam can add when he receives it.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

philcom55 wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
paw broon wrote:O.K. you've stumped me with Bruce of Scotland.
I must admit I'm stumped on this too - is it definitely a comic? I'll be interested to see what Adam can add when he receives it.

Received this morning. I'll create a separate post for it as soon as I get time today. It's a mixture of text and comic stories.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Hawkeye wrote:

Its back on for £60 if you're still interested :lol:
I've let my feelings be known in their feedback.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

:lol:

the same thing happened to me a few years ago when i won a load of dr who weekly from the start for 99p or a few quid so i reported him and never saw his acc since.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

It's never happened to me before - I guess I've just been lucky.

Tbh I've sold loads of things lower than I'd have liked but I just think good luck to the buyer and move on.

Seems odd she'd be willing to get negged and lose her 100% feedback for a comparatively measly £35.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:It's never happened to me before - I guess I've just been lucky.

Tbh I've sold loads of things lower than I'd have liked but I just think good luck to the buyer and move on.

Seems odd she'd be willing to get negged and lose her 100% feedback for a comparatively measly £35.
Never happened to me either. Silly reaction on her part. I've also sold things for less than I wanted and you just have to think Que Sera and hope to get more for your next item!