From The Vaults Of Time

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

panzer g-man

From The Vaults Of Time

Post by panzer g-man »

New here and have a question to ask.
Has From The Vaults Of Time strip,specifically the one where Professor Kraken rears some Dinosaurs from eggs found in the pothole,ever been re-printed in an uk annual?
cheers,
Panzer g-man :wave:

Digifiend

Re: From The Vaults Of Time

Post by Digifiend »

First appeared roughly April 1963 in Valiant & Knockout apparently. Googling only brought up two results - issues being sold on ebay. Don't know about any reprints.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I don't have time to check at the moment but I'm pretty sure it was reprinted in a Summer Special rather than an Annual (probably Valiant or Lion).

- Phil Rushton

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

OK - I've managed to check and 'The Vaults of Time' was reprinted In two parts in the Valiant Summer Specials for 1967 and 1968. In addition the final Professor Kraken story, 'The Ogre from the Past' was reprinted in the 1970 Lion & Valiant Special Extra. My own favourite story in the series was 'The Time Machine', but I don't think this has ever been reprinted.

Incidentally 'Vaults' actually began in Knockout, like the strip that was arguably Solano Lopez's most famous series 'Kelly's Eye', and they only moved over to Valiant when the titles 'merged' in the issue dated 23rd Feb 1963. Altogether the Prof's dinosaur adventure ran from 24th Nov 1962 until 25th May 1963, and his further exploits lasted until 19th Sep 1964.

- Phil Rushton

panzer g-man

Post by panzer g-man »

Thanks everyone for such detailed replys.
Loving the site, will have to post more,
regards,
Panzer G-man