CONTINUING STORIES SPIN ROUND THE SIXTIES AND

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Classics From The Comics. I stopped buying Classics From The Comics when a Black Bob story did not have the ending. What a waste of pages! And A Spin Round The Sixties - loads of strips that continue but don't!

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 13/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

Yes I wish Classics would have some thought put into it. They had a Send for Kelly strip in too that was out of sequence. And the Christmas issue is never in the right week. It could be SOO much better. Why aren't they bothering?

Originally posted by Bill on the old forum on 13/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

In Focus on the Fifties, the 1957 Beano book section had a Prince Whoopee story with no beginning. Even people who don't have the 1957 annual should know (I do)-the story in FOTF starts with "Then-"

Originally posted by Bananafan on the old forum on 13/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

Do you think the next book will be the 70's.......hope they do the 80's:).....are we allowed to know...I like Classics series....though I hope they do show adventure stories in order and complete.......

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 13/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

I've asked about 3 times for my newsagent to get Classics in, as it's scarce to find it in Australia. Every time they say that they're just not getting it but they are ordering it. Sadly I've given up on being able to get it regularly, but if I do see it I definately buy it on the spot.

Originally posted by Dizrythmia on the old forum on 14/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

Would this help you?

http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/subscription ... oductid=12

Originally posted by Bananafan on the old forum on 14/1/2006