THE TOP 10 FOOTBALLERS

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

THE TOP 10 FOOTBALLERS

Post by Old Forum Fella »

A list and article can be found at http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/stor ... 19,00.html Many of course will disagree. Where's Raven on The wing or Look Out For Lefty etc? Still, a good article. Maybe the success of Striker will prompt a return of Roy Race? We can only hope! Alan!

Originally posted by Wrighty47 on the old forum on 30/11/2003

Old Forum Fella

THE TOP 10 FOOTBALLERS

BOY BALL SHOULD BE FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by N1 BEANO FAN on the old forum on 30/11/2003

Old Forum Fella

THE TOP 10 FOOTBALLERS

An interesting article. Here is my own top ten which is mostly from Tiger and Roy of the Rovers comics.
1) Tommy Barnes from Tommy's Troubles
2) Nipper Lawrence
3) Simon Benson from Simon's Secret
4) Roy Race
5) Billy Dane from Billy's Boots
6) Hot Shot Hamish
7) Jon Stark
8) Raven on the Wing
9) Johnny Dexter from The Hard Man
10) Napper Todd

Originally posted by Britishcomics on the old forum on 01/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

THE TOP 10 FOOTBALLERS

OK a top 10 list is hard to ignore so heres my top 10 strips from various comics (though no doubt I will have missed some classics): 1:Hotshot Hamish (Scottish, funny & well drawn) 2:Roy RACE (CLASSIC STUFF) 3:Billys Boots (so dafts its clever) 4:Raven on the Wing (weirdest footy strip ever) 5:Its Goals that count (just cause right?) 6:The SUB (not traditional but Ken Reid) 7:Lags Eleven 8:Nipper 9:Bobby of the Blues 10:Biggs the Goalie Almost made it strips for me were: Legges Eleven, the Soccernauts (Reid again) Carsons Cubs,Drifter Long, Mighty Mouse, Lord Rumseys Rovers ....

Originally posted by PAUL MCSCOTTY on the old forum on 01/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

THE TOP 10 FOOTBALLERS

Anyone remember the world-wide Wanderers in Smash what a preposterous story! As if you?d get a football team made of entirely foreign players what a ridiculous concept.

Originally posted by Mike on the old forum on 25/12/2003