Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
What Christmas Comics Have You Bought Recently? 

Lew Stringer wrote:
SID wrote:
Got the following for my Christmas Comic Collection.

Good man! :)

:up:

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

23 Dec 2017, 16:07
Profile YIM

The latest addition to my Xmas Comic Collection - Doctor Who Magazine from my local Sainsbury's. :up:

Attachments:
Xmas2017-DoctorWhoMagazine.jpg
Xmas2017-DoctorWhoMagazine.jpg [ 298.01 KiB | Viewed 2197 times ]

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.
23 Dec 2017, 16:09
Profile YIM

Has anybody noticed that there's an original Dark Judges comic story in the latest issue of New Scientist? :)

24 Dec 2017, 02:04

Bought the Dandy Annual for my eldest. She's read a bunch of them at school so she should like it. No creator credits though! Shocking in this day and age (tho of course it is DC Thomson's, so that's as expected from them).

24 Dec 2017, 23:47
Profile WWW

comixminx wrote:
Bought the Dandy Annual for my eldest. She's read a bunch of them at school so she should like it. No creator credits though! Shocking in this day and age (tho of course it is DC Thomson's, so that's as expected from them).

Not D.C. Thomson's fault these days, as we all have the option of signing our work. I always sign my pages, and a few other artists sign theirs, but some decline for whatever reasons.

25 Dec 2017, 01:32
Profile WWW

But Lew, why don't DCT publish a contents page with creator names? That's what I mean really. Or print the names on the strips themselves in a credit box. Not everyone will even notice signatures (unless on the umpteenth read through).

29 Dec 2017, 09:55
Profile WWW
Mr Valeera

comixminx wrote:
But Lew, why don't DCT publish a contents page with creator names? That's what I mean really. Or print the names on the strips themselves in a credit box. Not everyone will even notice signatures (unless on the umpteenth read through).

Minx, the reason that DCT don't do it is the reasons that most companies don't do things and that is cost. While we comic fans will bemoan the lack of a credits list, the company has never added one before to the humour annuals so they will not see a real need for it when they have never had to do so before. It took sustained campaigning on the behalf of George Low to get them to do it for Commando and that is only one credit list per issue and even then it only happened after in his last few months on the job.

Actually I need you and Tammyfan to have a look at my latest article either on my blog or on the cross-posting on Down The Tubes to see if you can identify the original Fangs of Fear artist that was in the dummy of Cheeky issue 1. The original artist looks like someone who worked on Tammy or Jinty but I just cannot put a name to the style.

29 Dec 2017, 11:46
Profile WWW

comixminx wrote:

The weekly Beano had a credits page in 2014, dropped it for a while, then began running writer/artist credits on every strip from March 2016. Credits still appear every week.

I don't know why the annual hasn't caught up yet but I agree it should.

29 Dec 2017, 15:25
Profile WWW

For my partner's 4 grandchildren, I got them I got them this year's:

Beano Annual.

Rupert Bear Annual.

09 Dec 2018, 13:03
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4