Your Favourite No.1s

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

dishes

Re: Your Favourite No.1s

Post by dishes »

The only #1 comics I remember getting in my comics-reading childhood (late 80s-just into the 90s) were licensed TV-tie in titles or reprint monthlies. Having read this thread I feel left out.
Is it weird to have no interest in keeping or collecting free gifts?

My artwork: http://www.iancockburn.co.uk

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

The best part of No1 issues in the 60s & 70s `Dishes` were them being advertised on the Telly with their free gifts!
A Face unclouded by thought.

SID

Post by SID »

Cracker - the first comic I got from No.1.

Mickey Mouse - I loved the cover.

Krazy Comic -The most zany comic I have read at the time. Brilliant!

2000AD - A new Dan Dare, a story about time travel & dinosaurs, an alien editor, etc... The most exciting No.1 I ever read.

Starlord - Two Sci-Fi comics out so quickly. Zarjaz!

Starblazer - I still remember seeing it for first time at a newsagents. I loved the cover with the spaceship on it. Great classic stories.

The Crunch - My all-time favourite DCT action comic and I still love the fist.

Warrior - Another No.1 I got excited about. Loved the strips. If only it lasted longer.

Eagle - I still remember the excitement of my dad's all-time favourite comic & strip coming back. Great first issue.

Revolver - I loved the 'mature' Dan Dare strip. Again a very short life span.

Strip Magazine - A blast from the past as far as No.1s were concerned. Just a pity it never realised its potential.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).