Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:Someone is selling Black Panther 1 and Fantastic Four 52 for £600,000.00 the pair + £1.22 postage.
The seller has a Positive Feedback of 2. With such valuations it may well be a while before he gets to 3. And to add that postage is just an insult. Not so much because he's adding it, which is outrageous, but because it's not even First Class.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

You're right. If I'm going to pay half a million for two comics I'd want them special delivery at least. In fact I'd want him to bring them round in a stretch limo.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:You're right. If I'm going to pay half a million for two comics I'd want them special delivery at least. In fact I'd want him to bring them round in a stretch limo.
I think he should leave you the stretch limo as well, Steve, and go home on the bus. He'd still be quids in!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I've never learned to drive.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:I've never learned to drive.
A car's a liability in London!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Adam Eterno wrote:A car's a liability in London!
I'm in London fairly frequently, as members know, and I normally use buses to get from Putney to Roehampton or Kingston for example. However, my elder son, Andrew, who lives in Southfields, and uses the train to get to his workplace in the City, does not find any problems with traffic, even at weekends, when driving me or his two daughters, or all three of us, to any destination in the general direction of central London, such as Gambados play zone in Chelsea, for example. There are roads along which progress is rather slower than one would like, Putney High Street being one such, which is almost certainly the reason for its reputation as the most polluted road in the country. When I'm going to 30th Century Comics in Lower Richmond Road, or when taking my granddaughters to the Eddie Katz play zone, I/We get off the bus at the top of Putney High Street, as progress along it is quicker on foot. I'll need to be in London again soon if I'm to attend a ballet show in which Andrew's elder daughter, Aurora, is taking part.

CharleyBourne

Post by CharleyBourne »

stevezodiac wrote:Someone is selling Black Panther 1 and Fantastic Four 52 for £600,000.00 the pair + £1.22 postage.
Think someone could be trying to cash in on the new film release? Way to high though. :o

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Annoying too is the fact that the FF has v obvious colour breaking spines bends and right edge faults. If you're going to list something for a ridiculous price, at least grade it correctly.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Phoenix wrote:
Adam Eterno wrote:A car's a liability in London!
I'm in London fairly frequently, as members know, and I normally use buses to get from Putney to Roehampton or Kingston for example. However, my elder son, Andrew, who lives in Southfields, and uses the train to get to his workplace in the City, does not find any problems with traffic, even at weekends, when driving me or his two daughters, or all three of us, to any destination in the general direction of central London, such as Gambados play zone in Chelsea, for example. There are roads along which progress is rather slower than one would like, Putney High Street being one such, which is almost certainly the reason for its reputation as the most polluted road in the country. When I'm going to 30th Century Comics in Lower Richmond Road, or when taking my granddaughters to the Eddie Katz play zone, I/We get off the bus at the top of Putney High Street, as progress along it is quicker on foot. I'll need to be in London again soon if I'm to attend a ballet show in which Andrew's elder daughter, Aurora, is taking part.
Your mileage may vary.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

koollectablz wrote: Your mileage may vary.
It will, of course, as it will depend on where we go from, and to, but it will still be in London so the local traffic conditions will be more or less a constant. I no longer know when my next visit to London will be, but it won't be to Aurora's ballet show. The room prices at the Premier Inn at Putney Bridge, which I checked earlier today on line, are far too high, given that my ex-wife and I, who would be travelling from Cornwall and Liverpool respectively, would have to pay about £80/£90 per night each for a twin-bedded room on the Saturday and the Sunday, on top of our return fares, before returning to our respective homes on the Monday. Quite a chunk out of my pension and Lynne's weekly wage, especially as Aurora's dance(s) might only last five minutes!! When Andrew brings his two girls to mine some time in the next few weeks, she can do the dance(s) for me then in my front room. :)

blaing

Post by blaing »

Here is one from eBay Australia.

Yes, I am continuing to buy back issues of the Dandy, but not at this price. (A grand for this lot?) :shock:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DANDY-COMIC ... SwSPBaVAY9

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

blaing wrote:Here is one from eBay Australia.

Yes, I am continuing to buy back issues of the Dandy, but not at this price. (A grand for this lot?) :shock:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DANDY-COMIC ... SwSPBaVAY9

When I see prices like that I get the feeling they need a lot of money very quickly. They're not going to get it by being so unrealistic though!
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

blaing

Post by blaing »

a while back, I wrote:Who wants to bid on third and second last issues of the Beezer and Topper?

A £20 starting bid, though ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Beezer-A ... SwUchaJ88f
I finally purchased it (couldn't afford it at the time, due to saving for my annual holiday). Finally sold for £7.50 plus GSP shipping of £16.36

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Very suspicious seeing as you can buy the annual on a BiN for 10% of the price!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Lord-An ... Sw8GFanAbv

starscape

Post by starscape »

It does raise the eyebrows. Loved Star*Lord but the annuals were pretty poor.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies