British comics in Greek magazines

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Re: British comics in Greek magazines

Post by philcom55 »

I agree that it looks like Arturo Del Castillo.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

philcom55 wrote:I agree that it looks like Arturo Del Castillo.

That makes three of us. The Willie Bunk artist was Sam Fair.

ramirez

Post by ramirez »

A big thanks to all three of you. :cheers:

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

some of those del Castillo stories appeared in the later Eagle annuals (at work so precise details not to hand), so if you like his work let me know and I'll be more precise about which annuals
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

ramirez

Post by ramirez »

Hallo again. Took my time to get back, but the search continues. Two questions for a warm up. The first, were there any writer or artist credits for the "Cliff Hanger" strip from Thunder? You know, the adventurous one, not the more recent funny strip by Jack Edward Oliver.

And second, was there a "Robot makers" strip (or something similar) that featured an Arrow family? Father Andy, sons Damon & David, rescuing bases, submarines etc...

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Artists on 'The Robot Builders' in Tiger & Hurricane included Ron Turner and Carlos Cruz. Offhand I'm not sure about 'Cliff Hanger' but I think some later episodes were drawn by Eric Bradbury.

ramirez

Post by ramirez »

Well it sure has been a long time since I last posted about anything in this forum. I hope I 'll be a more frequent visitor from now, and hope to continue to receive your very much appreciated help to my quest of identifying strips' authors. The original title is also sought after this next story. Its central character is actually a Loch Ness monster-like creature that appears on several time periods and its greek title is "The monster of lake Nill" (or perhaps Neal? I don 't know). I hope the 1st page is visible under here...

or you can download the whole 36-page story from here...

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

This is from the Victor comic. I will post a fuller answer later.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

It is now later. :lol:

The original story title was Monster of Loch Neill and it ran from issue 519 to 530 in 1971 and the artist was Coleman.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

ramirez

Post by ramirez »

Much appreciated, colcool... :)

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

I always feel a wave of nostalgia when I see an example of Tony Coleman's art. He was one of the mainstays of the Victor when I was reading it in the mid to late 1960's. In fact his first serialised strip in the Victor had a script that featured similar elements to the 'Monster of Loch Neill', 'Days of the Dinosaurs', a picture strip version of a 1954 Rover text story, that appeared in Victor Nos 70 to 77 in 1962 shortly after his first work for the comic of all, a true war cover strip titled 'The Jail Busters' had been published in No 50(3/2/62).
I remember that the Loch Neill strip, because of the stand alone structure of each episode, was reprinted piecemeal into the 1980's as a handy 'one-off' filler.