It's Bond, Jane Bond...

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

babington

It's Bond, Jane Bond...

Post by babington »

With all the media kerfuffle at the moment over Gillian Anderson and others as possible "Jane Bonds" there's no mention of the fact that Jane Bond appeared for some time in Tina and Princess Tina. Was that the first appearance of this character, or was there a "Jane Bond" around before Tina started the strip in 1967? Exactly which issues of Tina and Princess Tina did Jane Bond appear in? Have they ever been reprinted?

bigpete

Re: It's Bond, Jane Bond...

Post by bigpete »

Started off in February 1967 in Tina and carried over into Princess Tina in September but didn't continue in 1968.
bigpete

bigpete

Post by bigpete »

To the best of my knowledge Jane Bond was only ever reprinted overseas and the version I have is French. Could have been printed somewhere else as IPC syndicated a lot of material overseas in Germany, Sweden, Norway, Holland, Spain, and Italy.
bigpete

babington

Post by babington »

Thanks - I will look out for foreign editions. Does anyone know which issue of Princess/ Tina was the first/ last to feature Jane Bond? I'm guessing she appeared in no. 1?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I have a Jane Bond working I'm my building.