Lord Snooty on the front cover of the Beano

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

Lord Snooty on the front cover of the Beano

Post by Hawkeye »

Using the link which Jacob1978 kindly gave me, I was browsing the Beano front covers and noticed Lord Snooty on #1396 from 1969. Does anyone know if this was the first and only time that Biffo met Snooty on the cover?

koollectablz

Re: Lord Snooty on the front cover of the Beano

Post by koollectablz »

You would have thought they'd have met a few times on the Christmas cover? Maybe #1000 as well?

Actually that would be a nice collecting niche. Where you have the various characters appearing with Biffo on the cover, for instance Dennis meets him on #1626, the Bash St Kids on #1550 and Billy the Cat on #1581.

Hmmmm I wonder if #1626 is Dennis first appearance on the cover ever?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Maybe in a story, but not overall. He replaced Big Eggo next to the logo and was there for most of the 1950s.

irishjohnp

Post by irishjohnp »

As far as I remember, there is a 1951 Sports Day cover which has alot of the Beano people on it. Dennis is ontop of a flag pole escaping from his dad, its early as he doesn't have the stripped jumper yet. He also appeared in an early cover, maybe maybe mid 1950s and is being spanked by Biffo using a skipping rope!