Buster website

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

David McDonald

Buster website

Post by David McDonald »

Just curious to know if anyone knows, or has a contact for the admin of the Buster website? I suppose PM is the best way if anyone has. Thanks!

big bad bri

Re: Buster website

Post by big bad bri »

i have a feeling he has given up the ghost on that site as hasn't updated in a few years i think.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Last update was 13 months ago, but it was basically saying updates would be rare if they happen at all and the site is now an archive.
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk/contents.html

Hmm, looks like the Facebook page linked at the bottom is no longer there. That needs fixing, as does the copyright disclaimer just above it, which is out of date now that Rebellion bought Egmont's part of the Fleetway back catalogue.

FAQ page has his email on it: Webmaster@bustercomic.co.uk

abacus

Post by abacus »

I have collected a number of examples of U.K. comics and the one I have most of is BUSTER.
I had bought two medium size parcels of them from a carboot for £2 they being split almost equally between the old style ànd the semi gloss covers.
I find them fairly bland and uninteresting but this is probably from an adult perspective,you see I stopped reading comics in the mid 50's and knew very little of comics after that period.
As a later collector it's been a matter of catch -up and viewing comics as an adult.
Of the humour comics one that seems fun to me as an adult is the short lived KRAZY and also ACNE but seeing the short runs they had and the long run BUSTER had maybe as a child I would have viewed them differently.

David McDonald

Post by David McDonald »

Many thanks Digifiend.