Panini Comics Launching a New Title in May.

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

SID

Panini Comics Launching a New Title in May.

Post by SID »

Just a heads up.

I have just read that Panini Comics are bringing out a new comic - Deadpool Unleashed.

I will be sad to see the demise of The Incredible Hulks as I got it off & on pretty much most of its life. But I'm a Deadpool fan and already get Wolverine & Deadpool (along with Essential X-Men) so will definitely give the new title a try.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Re: Panini Comics Launching a New Title in May.

Post by big bad bri »

im surprised they never launched a solo deadpool comic when the movie came out but i suppose it will be here for the sequel.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Incredible Hulks was doomed, quite frankly. It was running Totally Awesome Hulk, A-Force, and Contest of Champions. As of the most recent issue listed on Panini's website, which is last month's issue 8, they were up to issues 7 and 8 of the latter two - and they were cancelled at 10 and 11. So they only had three issues of each of those left, and Incredible Hulks will end when they're exhausted.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Digifiend wrote:Incredible Hulks was doomed, quite frankly. It was running Totally Awesome Hulk, A-Force, and Contest of Champions. As of the most recent issue listed on Panini's website, which is last month's issue 8, they were up to issues 7 and 8 of the latter two - and they were cancelled at 10 and 11. So they only had three issues of each of those left, and Incredible Hulks will end when they're exhausted.
It was down to sales, not shortage of content. They had enough material to keep it going. Contest of Champions was going to be replaced by Champions (which features the new Hulk on the team) and the new She-Hulk series, "Hulk", would have replaced A-Force.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

SID

Post by SID »

Lew Stringer wrote:
Digifiend wrote:Incredible Hulks was doomed, quite frankly. It was running Totally Awesome Hulk, A-Force, and Contest of Champions. As of the most recent issue listed on Panini's website, which is last month's issue 8, they were up to issues 7 and 8 of the latter two - and they were cancelled at 10 and 11. So they only had three issues of each of those left, and Incredible Hulks will end when they're exhausted.
It was down to sales, not shortage of content. They had enough material to keep it going. Contest of Champions was going to be replaced by Champions (which features the new Hulk on the team) and the new She-Hulk series, "Hulk", would have replaced A-Force.
Sad as The Incredible Hulks was my favourite Panini comic until I discovered Deadpool.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i miss the days when you could buy proper dc and Marvel comics in newsagents so these Panini titles are fantastic for those not near a comic shop.

SID

Post by SID »

I loved those days but they sure put a dent in my wallet as I used to buy most titles.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I still miss seeing the old spinner racks in most newsagents! :(

SID

Post by SID »

Well the first issue came through the post today and I must say I liked it though you do have to be a Deadpool fan as his stories are a little crazy.

I still get that buzz when you get the first issue of a brand new comic.