Your Comic Strip Casualties

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

SID

Your Comic Strip Casualties

Post by SID »

I don't know about you guys but in my travels as a reader there have been comic strips I have grown to like, only to have them stopped for whatever reason and never seen again (ignoring any subsequent special or annual)

Here are a few examples that come to mind:

Dan Dare from 2000AD. You never find out what happens to him & Sondar after they were framed by the Mekon. A let down since Tharg did promise that he would return.

Blackhawk from 2000AD. I know a lot of people didn't like the 2000AD version but I did :P . I suppose he could have died in the black hole but did hope that he would return.

Timequake from Starlord. This strip just stopped when Starlord into 2000AD only to return once but was nothing like its Starlord incarnation. I loved the flirting relationship between Blocker and Suzi.

Doomlord from Eagle. One of my favourite strips. You never find out what happens to Enok after his other self perishes since the series went into reprint.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).