Phil-comics

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

Phil-comics

Post by Hawkeye »

Just happened to notice Dandy #2 on ebay with its free gift, and couldn't help but see 'Phil-comics' in the heading after it, although its not Phil that's selling it. There are at least another 2 sellers using Phils name in their titles, no doubt to attract more attention.

Its nothing to do with me, but if it was, I think I might have something to say about it.

Adam Eterno

Re: Phil-comics

Post by Adam Eterno »

Hawkeye wrote:Just happened to notice Dandy #2 on ebay with its free gift, and couldn't help but see 'Phil-comics' in the heading after it, although its not Phil that's selling it. There are at least another 2 sellers using Phils name in their titles, no doubt to attract more attention.

Its nothing to do with me, but if it was, I think I might have something to say about it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery??

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Blimey the condition of both comic and frog is really very poor.

For the frog, you could scan the remaining leg, mirror it in designer, 3D print it, make a mold from it and then cast a white metal replacement to solder in place. At the same time as removing all the rust and cleaning up the paintwork. Few hours work but I think I'd do it to make it look far more presentable.

As to key word spamming Phil's name... bit of a cheek I think, annoying but not much you can do.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i actually spoke to phil about the other seller and he said it wasn't him as i assumed it was him with another maybe personal account.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Tbh I know he's been doing it for years, putting Phil-comics in his titles I mean, but I really never saw the point. If you want to follow his auctions you can and if you search for individual items his stuff will come up anyway.

I always felt it was wasting letters and even kind of key word spamming his own listings and leaving himself open for people to do exactly what's happened here - but heck what do I know!? :lol:

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I've been confused with Phil-comics myself before now, though I think I've had my username longer than he's been trading under that title. :)