Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Scream and Misty merge for all-new comic 

I thought this news deserved its own topic, rather than being hidden in the Rebellion thread. Scream and Misty return for Halloween in a combined special one-off. Even better, it'll contain all-new stories!

You can see more info and the cover here:
https://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2017 ... oming.html

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:34 am
Profile WWW

Fascinating! I wonder if this is the first time in British comics history that a Girls' comic has combined with a Boys' comic?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:39 am

i cant wait.ill probably buy 2 copies ,but not for mercenary purposes that some members of his forum do :lol:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Is it the 1st time a comic has had 3 logos on the cover too ie. 2000ad,scream & misty.not counting reprint stuff like classics from the comics or funny fortnightly.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Great news, well done Rebellion. Now all we need is a Christmas special featuring festive strips from IPC Funnies

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:09 pm
Guru

big bad bri wrote:
Is it the 1st time a comic has had 3 logos on the cover too ie. 2000ad,scream & misty.not counting reprint stuff like classics from the comics or funny fortnightly.

There was the 'Smash! Pow!It's Fantastic! Summer Special' published in 1968.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm

OMG!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

All new stuff too!

Cover is great too!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:52 pm

big bad bri wrote:

There was Smash! and Pow! incorporating Fantastic for several weeks in 1968, and I seem to remember that Egmont's Thunderbirds, Stingray, and Captain Scarlet (or Joe 90) merged into one mouthful of a title in the 1990s.

Considering this special features Black Max, perhaps it should have been called Scream! and Misty incorporating Thunder. :lol:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

I can't wait. It's the next best thing to a new regular comic. :D

I'm also glad Rebellion will be including a strip from Thunder - a very underappreciated comic in the 70s, especially how it reshaped Lion after the merger.

Now will the strips be faithful to their originals or will they be revamps like what was done with the 2000AD Action Special? I think it will be the former which I would prefer.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile YIM

The parallel-world Nazis from "The Sentinels" comment on the upcoming followup in "Scream & Misty": :D

And:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 pm

SID wrote:

I'm also glad Rebellion will be including a strip from Thunder - a very underappreciated comic in the 70s, especially how it reshaped Lion after the merger.

Now will the strips be faithful to their originals or will they be revamps like what was done with the 2000AD Action Special? I think it will be the former which I would prefer.

what was the 2000ad action special? i didn't know it was old characters i thought it was 2000ad characters.and why didn't it work that time as rebellion must have had ideas back when this was released.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:16 am

big bad bri wrote:
SID wrote:

what was the 2000ad action special? i didn't know it was old characters i thought it was 2000ad characters and why didn't it work that time as rebellion must have had ideas back when this was released.

Hi, bri.

From memory, back in the 80s, IPC (who was running the show) released two Action Specials.

First was the Classic Action Special which featured all new stories of classic characters from the likes of Lion and Valiant (e.g. Kelly's Eye).

Then they released a 2000AD Action Special where those classic characters were re-imagined (for instance Tim Kelly's stone had grown and was grafted into his chest).

I don't know if IPC had an agenda. I do know that I didn't like what they did to the characters in the 2000AD Action Special and maybe that was the reaction in general?

The only thing to come out of it was that the re-imagined Tim Kelly went on and joined the Universal Soldier series in 2000AD.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 am
Profile YIM

I wonder if the follow up to The Sentinels will be a complete story (a few pages) or something in a mini-serial length?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 am

SID wrote:
big bad bri wrote:
SID wrote:

what was the 2000ad action special? i didn't know it was old characters i thought it was 2000ad characters and why didn't it work that time as rebellion must have had ideas back when this was released.

Hi, bri.

From memory, back in the 80s, IPC (who was running the show) released two Action Specials.

First was the Classic Action Special which featured all new stories of classic characters from the likes of Lion and Valiant (e.g. Kelly's Eye).

Then they released a 2000AD Action Special where those classic characters were re-imagined (for instance Tim Kelly's stone had grown and was grafted into his chest).

I don't know if IPC had an agenda. I do know that I didn't like what they did to the characters in the 2000AD Action Special and maybe that was the reaction in general?

The only thing to come out of it was that the re-imagined Tim Kelly went on and joined the Universal Soldier series in 2000AD.

thanks sid i may have to look out for it on ebay .

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:11 pm

SID wrote:

I think I wrote an article for that special but I've misplaced my copy.

I wasn't too keen on the updated, darker, characters either, as I recall.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next