Toxic reaches issue 300

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lew Stringer

Toxic reaches issue 300

Post by Lew Stringer »

The 300th issue of Egmont's Toxic is out now. Quite an achievement for a kids' magazine these days to last so long. It started in 2002 and is still going strong. More info at my blog:
https://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2018 ... today.html

Tin Can Tommy

Re: Toxic reaches issue 300

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

With these kind of magazines I always wonder how much staff they need to produce the non-comics stuff.
I remember reading my sister's Spongebob magazines a few years back and the features pages were just a mixture of stock art a graphic designer could knock up in Photoshop in an afternoon.
They didnt have any comics in them at all, but if I remember rightly they did earlier on but dropped them.

I remember a similar magazine to Toxic from when I was younger probably around 2002 the year Toxic came out. It was called K-Zone or K-club or something similar. Glossy paper, half the size of A4 and quite a lot of pages. It was a mixture of features, adverts and a good number of comics some licensed from TV shows others original.

Lew Stringer

Re: Toxic reaches issue 300

Post by Lew Stringer »

Tin Can Tommy wrote:With these kind of magazines I always wonder how much staff they need to produce the non-comics stuff.
The staff are listed at the bottom of page 38.