Film Funsters are now nearly no more.

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Kashgar
Guru

Film Funsters are now nearly no more.

Post by Kashgar »

With the deaths of Bruce Forsyth and Jerry Lewis in such short order the ranks of living Film Funsters is now reduced to only one, Ken Dodd. Doddy, who appeared in Film Fun in 1960 drawn by Jimmy Malcolm, not only being alive but still touring at nearly ninety. In fact he was appearing for two nights just down the road from me at Whitley Bay last weekend.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Film Funsters are now nearly no more.

Post by Phoenix »

Kashgar wrote:In fact he (Doddy) was appearing for two nights just down the road from me at Whitley Bay last weekend.
Ah, but did you pop over to support him? :) He has been one of Liverpool's finest for many a long year.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Gosh yes - I forgot all about Doddy. He really is a living legend!

Hmmm... Come to think of it I seem to recall that the still-living Petula Clark was in TV Fun at one point. I wonder if she ever appeared in Film Fun itself?

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

She was certainly a big star in Radio Fun, Phil, where she appeared in both a comic strip when she was a girl in the 1940's and an adventure strip as a young woman in the 1950's.