Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Marney the Fox - The Book 

Rebellion should be richly applauded for their latest British comic Treasury release.
Marney the Fox is a beautiful book and the passing of time hasn't diminished its wonderful artwork and brilliant story telling.

Its been a great few months for british comic fans with the release of "Leopard", Hookjaw and now Marney.

It will be interesting what Rebellion have in store for 2018. Would love to see Ken Reid football strips from Scorcher get a reprint.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm reading it a the moment and it is a joy to behold.lets hope this sells well and an avalanche of titles follow.i did read somewhere the other day they want to do the 13th floor.looking forward to faceache and hopefully the rest of leopard from lime street but that may be at least 8 volumes or more to complete.
now titan has done 10 volumes of charley's war can rebellion reprint it now and to the end as well as i don't think volume 10 was the last stories but i could be wrong.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Mine came through the post today and even without opening it, it looks like a lovely book. Looking forward to reading it.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile YIM

If Marney sells well enough, there's the potential for a younger readers' version. As seen recently at Down The Tubes (see http://downthetubes.net/?p=40663) there was a full colour reworking of Marney produced for Sunny in the mid eighties.

Sunny only ran for nine issues, so there may not be enough pages to fill even a slim book (unless Marney continued into Funtime when that absorbed Sunny) but by gosh, I'd like to see it. That artwork by Bernard Long is gorgeous.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:40 pm

big bad bri wrote:
I'm reading it a the moment and it is a joy to behold.lets hope this sells well and an avalanche of titles follow.i did read somewhere the other day they want to do the 13th floor.looking forward to faceache and hopefully the rest of leopard from lime street but that may be at least 8 volumes or more to complete.
now titan has done 10 volumes of charley's war can rebellion reprint it now and to the end as well as i don't think volume 10 was the last stories but i could be wrong.

Mine's still on its way from the Book Depository.

I heard that Black Max is one of the books coming next year.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

Lew Stringer wrote:
I heard that Black Max is one of the books coming next year.

Thank you, Rebellion. :cheers:

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 pm
Profile YIM

the scream misty special will be my 1st exposure to black max .was it any good?

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Bri

There are a few pages of Black Max on Lew's blog. See http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/ ... eturn.html

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Finally got round to reading Marney, I had forgotten how good it was.It reminded me how much British comic strips such as this one outclassed their repetitive American counterparts.

Fantastic writing and beautiful artwork. More of same Rebellion please.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]