Marney the Fox - The Book

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

wilsia

Marney the Fox - The Book

Post by wilsia »

Rebellion should be richly applauded for their latest British comic Treasury release.
Marney the Fox is a beautiful book and the passing of time hasn't diminished its wonderful artwork and brilliant story telling.

Its been a great few months for british comic fans with the release of "Leopard", Hookjaw and now Marney.

It will be interesting what Rebellion have in store for 2018. Would love to see Ken Reid football strips from Scorcher get a reprint.

big bad bri

Re: Marney the Fox - The Book

Post by big bad bri »

I'm reading it a the moment and it is a joy to behold.lets hope this sells well and an avalanche of titles follow.i did read somewhere the other day they want to do the 13th floor.looking forward to faceache and hopefully the rest of leopard from lime street but that may be at least 8 volumes or more to complete.
now titan has done 10 volumes of charley's war can rebellion reprint it now and to the end as well as i don't think volume 10 was the last stories but i could be wrong.

SID

Post by SID »

Mine came through the post today and even without opening it, it looks like a lovely book. Looking forward to reading it.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

If Marney sells well enough, there's the potential for a younger readers' version. As seen recently at Down The Tubes (see http://downthetubes.net/?p=40663) there was a full colour reworking of Marney produced for Sunny in the mid eighties.

Sunny only ran for nine issues, so there may not be enough pages to fill even a slim book (unless Marney continued into Funtime when that absorbed Sunny) but by gosh, I'd like to see it. That artwork by Bernard Long is gorgeous.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

big bad bri wrote:I'm reading it a the moment and it is a joy to behold.lets hope this sells well and an avalanche of titles follow.i did read somewhere the other day they want to do the 13th floor.looking forward to faceache and hopefully the rest of leopard from lime street but that may be at least 8 volumes or more to complete.
now titan has done 10 volumes of charley's war can rebellion reprint it now and to the end as well as i don't think volume 10 was the last stories but i could be wrong.
Mine's still on its way from the Book Depository.

I heard that Black Max is one of the books coming next year.

SID

Post by SID »

Lew Stringer wrote:I heard that Black Max is one of the books coming next year.
Thank you, Rebellion. :cheers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

the scream misty special will be my 1st exposure to black max .was it any good?

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Bri

There are a few pages of Black Max on Lew's blog. See http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/ ... eturn.html

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

Finally got round to reading Marney, I had forgotten how good it was.It reminded me how much British comic strips such as this one outclassed their repetitive American counterparts.

Fantastic writing and beautiful artwork. More of same Rebellion please.

wigwam

Post by wigwam »

Ever since I bought the deluxe version of Marney the Fox, I wonder how many times this 'lonely creature of the wilds' graced the cover of Buster. I can find only one: 14th September 1974. Are there more covers with Marney?

Thanks and all the best,

John
Attachments
marneybuster.jpg