Christmas annuals in the attic (BBC News article)

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Christmas annuals in the attic (BBC News article)

Post by Digifiend »

Interesting article here about UK annuals, the value of old ones, sales of this year's, and if they have a future:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42311453

koollectablz

Re: Christmas annuals in the attic (BBC News article)

Post by koollectablz »

Interesting piece, as I’ve stated previously I think Dandy will progressively get cheaper and cheaper and will ultimately fall to the prices of comparable aged annuals like the Wizard.

The Beano will stay pricey just as long as it continues in the public consciousness.

Early Rupert annuals have never been as cheap as they are right now in over 30 years. I’m actually tempted to restart collecting the set, some lovely condition ones around for very reasonable amounts.

Shiner

Re: Christmas annuals in the attic (BBC News article)

Post by Shiner »

Yes, I’ve never seen Ruperts so low in value as they have been on eBay in the past few months. Some sellers haven’t caught up yet with replicas being listed at a higher price than the originals.