Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Toxic reaches issue 300 

The 300th issue of Egmont's Toxic is out now. Quite an achievement for a kids' magazine these days to last so long. It started in 2002 and is still going strong. More info at my blog:
https://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/toxic-reaches-issue-300-today.html

18 Jan 2018, 02:01
Profile WWW

With these kind of magazines I always wonder how much staff they need to produce the non-comics stuff.
I remember reading my sister's Spongebob magazines a few years back and the features pages were just a mixture of stock art a graphic designer could knock up in Photoshop in an afternoon.
They didnt have any comics in them at all, but if I remember rightly they did earlier on but dropped them.

I remember a similar magazine to Toxic from when I was younger probably around 2002 the year Toxic came out. It was called K-Zone or K-club or something similar. Glossy paper, half the size of A4 and quite a lot of pages. It was a mixture of features, adverts and a good number of comics some licensed from TV shows others original.

27 Jan 2018, 15:51

Tin Can Tommy wrote:
With these kind of magazines I always wonder how much staff they need to produce the non-comics stuff.

The staff are listed at the bottom of page 38.

28 Jan 2018, 14:49
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]