Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Big news for Ken Reid fans! 
Author Message

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 08:02
Posts: 286
Reply with quote
Klakadak You deserve a knighthood for putting this collection out. If I'm not being too nosey was it difficult and long getting permission from the owners of these strip? Who owns the strips now?

Looking forward to it the collection covers are fantastic


19 May 2018, 16:29
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 20:26
Posts: 360
Reply with quote
Thanks, wilsa! It wasn't easy but I got there in the end :) The strips are owned by Time UK.
I look forward to putting them out!

_________________
Check out my blog about comics from other peoples' childhood: http://kazoop.blogspot.com


22 May 2018, 16:23
Profile

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1700
Reply with quote
klakadak-ploobadoof wrote:
Thanks, wilsa! It wasn't easy but I got there in the end :) The strips are owned by Time UK.
I look forward to putting them out!

how long now do you think until you can release them


23 May 2018, 12:36
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 20:26
Posts: 360
Reply with quote
Things are in progress, but I'd say two months from now, give or take a week. A lot depends from the date when I can launch the crowdfunding campaign - there are a couple of things I still need to finish before it goes live. I'll try to promote the campaign as much as I can when it starts.

_________________
Check out my blog about comics from other peoples' childhood: http://kazoop.blogspot.com


23 May 2018, 12:55
Profile

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1700
Reply with quote
klakadak-ploobadoof wrote:
Things are in progress, but I'd say two months from now, give or take a week. A lot depends from the date when I can launch the crowdfunding campaign - there are a couple of things I still need to finish before it goes live. I'll try to promote the campaign as much as I can when it starts.

good luck Klakadak and i for one want the slipcase 2 volume thing.but i cant believe time are not jumping on rebellions bandwagon and doing collections them selves and DCT for that matter as i would love to see complete jonah and bash st kids etc.


23 May 2018, 13:59
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 20:26
Posts: 360
Reply with quote
Indeed, it's a busy time for collectors, with all those beauties now being released. Who knows - perhaps DCT (or someone with enough faith and funds to purchase the license from them) will get round to publishing their own collected editions of classic strips that are long overdue :D

_________________
Check out my blog about comics from other peoples' childhood: http://kazoop.blogspot.com


23 May 2018, 14:28
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Posts: 1276
Location: Southampton/London
Reply with quote
klakadak-ploobadoof wrote:
" someone with enough faith and funds to purchase the license from them"


Now THAT would be an interesting Crowd Funding excercise if you could get a price!


23 May 2018, 14:42
Profile

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1700
Reply with quote
Adam Eterno wrote:
klakadak-ploobadoof wrote:
" someone with enough faith and funds to purchase the license from them"


Now THAT would be an interesting Crowd Funding excercise if you could get a price!

is there any lottery millionaires in the group? lol if i ever win lottery i would certainly look into something like that aside from trying to purchase a complete run of beano and dandy


23 May 2018, 14:53
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Posts: 1276
Location: Southampton/London
Reply with quote
big bad bri wrote:
Adam Eterno wrote:
klakadak-ploobadoof wrote:
" someone with enough faith and funds to purchase the license from them"


Now THAT would be an interesting Crowd Funding excercise if you could get a price!

is there any lottery millionaires in the group? lol if i ever win lottery i would certainly look into something like that aside from trying to purchase a complete run of beano and dandy


I'll be honest to say that I have no idea how much these licences cost?? Is it £millions or tens of thousands? I don't have a Scooby regarding the prices that they go for.


23 May 2018, 17:52
Profile

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1700
Reply with quote
Now THAT would be an interesting Crowd Funding excercise if you could get a price![/quote]
is there any lottery millionaires in the group? lol if i ever win lottery i would certainly look into something like that aside from trying to purchase a complete run of beano and dandy[/quote]

I'll be honest to say that I have no idea how much these licences cost?? Is it £millions or tens of thousands? I don't have a Scooby regarding the prices that they go for.[/quote]
it would be interesting to know but the only ones i've seen do it is david at hibernia and now klakadak.


24 May 2018, 19:23
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 20:26
Posts: 360
Reply with quote
The Ken Reid reprint collection is now available to pre-order on IndieGoGo crowdfunding platform!
Please, check my blogpost here https://kazoop.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-power-pack-of-ken-reid-now.html, or follow this link to go straight to the campaign page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-power-pack-of-ken-reid-books/x/18513990#/

THANKS!

_________________
Check out my blog about comics from other peoples' childhood: http://kazoop.blogspot.com


01 Jun 2018, 21:13
Profile

Joined: 04 Mar 2006, 09:33
Posts: 786
Reply with quote
it'll be on my blog tomorrow - I've used all the images on your blog and on the Indiegogo page - hopefully that's ok - any problems just let me know - hopefully you'll get some traffic

_________________
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: richardandsheaf


01 Jun 2018, 22:06
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 20:26
Posts: 360
Reply with quote
Many thanks, Richard!

_________________
Check out my blog about comics from other peoples' childhood: http://kazoop.blogspot.com


01 Jun 2018, 22:12
Profile

Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 00:59
Posts: 7041
Reply with quote
Earlier today I did an exclusive interview with Irmantas about this fascinating collection and you can read it on my blog here, which is illustrated with a few extracts from the books:

https://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2018/0 ... y-for.html


01 Jun 2018, 22:34
Profile WWW

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1700
Reply with quote
klakadak-ploobadoof wrote:
The Ken Reid reprint collection is now available to pre-order on IndieGoGo crowdfunding platform!
Please, check my blogpost here https://kazoop.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-power-pack-of-ken-reid-now.html, or follow this link to go straight to the campaign page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-power-pack-of-ken-reid-books/x/18513990#/

THANKS!

can i just ask do you take the money straight away or when books are ready to be shipped


02 Jun 2018, 14:23
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.