Contact details for Alan or David Coates?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Contact details for Alan or David Coates?

Post by philcom55 »

'Big Pete' Hansen has asked me to check if anybody here is still in touch with Alan Coates or his brother David - or if they have a current address or phone number for either of them?

stevezodiac

Re: Contact details for Alan or David Coates?

Post by stevezodiac »

Did they live in Essex? I think I met one of them in Frank Dobson's Weird Fantasy shop around 1980.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

is that alan ultron the sparky file guy i aint seen him around in months

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

No Bri, Alan Coates and his brother David published the magazine British Comic World and were the publishers of my first three indexes on the Dandy, the Beano and Magic. I lost contact with them some years ago sadly but I do believe one of them married a girl from Thailand and went to live there.

SID

Post by SID »

I thought their names sounded familiar.

I loved reading British Comic World when it was around.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Apparently there was a third brother called Norman. Peter is keen to get in touch with any one of them.