This can't be right (retro model van)

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Power fan

This can't be right (retro model van)

Post by Power fan »

..A toy van showing the Dandy priced at 2d featuring Beryl? The cheapest I remember the Dandy was 3d, when Beryl was in Topper, so when that publication ceased and she transferred to Dandy it would have been a much higher decimal price. (Haven't posted here for ages and had forgotten my password, which I couldn't retrieve as my old email account is defunct - but then i suddenly remembered my password!!)
Attachments
berylperil3.jpg

stevezodiac

Re: This can't be right (retro model van)

Post by stevezodiac »

I've seen a few of those vehicles in the flea market but not this one. Few of them existed in real life but that Beryl one looks good despite the error.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: This can't be right (retro model van)

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:I've seen a few of those vehicles in the flea market but not this one. Few of them existed in real life but that Beryl one looks good despite the error.
I have had six vans from that set, if indeed there is such a set, for a couple of years or more. Predictably they feature ADVENTURE, THE ROVER, THE WIZARD, THE SKIPPER, THE HOTSPUR and BUNTY. Although they sit at the back of the cooker in my nice new kitchen so that I see them several times every day, you will be pleased to learn that they are not at any risk of being destroyed by fire.