Complete Collections

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

jim244

Re: Complete Collections

Post by jim244 »

Adam Eterno wrote:
06 Jan 2024, 09:56
Yes it’s the series that Joe 90 merged into. I must admit that I got confused while collecting them as so many sellers didn’t realise there was a difference between TV Century 21 and TV21! All done now though, so on to the next set!
Thanks and yes,as a collector of comics in general,I get confused between TV Century 21 and TV21.
At the end of the day,surely it's the same comic that evolved?
TV Century 21 becomes TV21 and Joe 90 then becomes TV21 and Valiant??
I could be wrong,am no expert on this publication.
But I have always seen it as 3 volumes.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

It was Valiant & TV21 and had Star Trek in full colour in the centre pages. I'm not sure but I think that's the only time Valiant had colour pages inside.

With the original TV Century 21 I bought each copy as it was published and remember towards the end they started putting football photos on the cover. But readers wrote in asking for the newspaper style covers to be reinstated and they were.

jim244

Post by jim244 »

stevezodiac wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 12:05
It was Valiant & TV21 and had Star Trek in full colour in the centre pages. I'm not sure but I think that's the only time Valiant had colour pages inside.

With the original TV Century 21 I bought each copy as it was published and remember towards the end they started putting football photos on the cover. But readers wrote in asking for the newspaper style covers to be reinstated and they were.
Thanks Steve.I only have a few copies and some annuals but have a huge interest in this publication.
Massive fan of the Anderson strips and have books of the reprints.
Plus really want the Star Trek strips.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I’ve finally found that pesky last issue to complete my Fleetway Super Library Secret Agent Series set of 26. I finally now have all 3 sets of the Fleetway Super Libraries. I’m looking forward to reading the last Johnny Nero story!
On to the next one now.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Adam Eterno wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:58
I’ve finally found that pesky last issue to complete my Fleetway Super Library Secret Agent Series set of 26. I finally now have all 3 sets of the Fleetway Super Libraries. I’m looking forward to reading the last Johnny Nero story!
On to the next one now.
ah, great news! Congrats
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

jim244

Post by jim244 »

Adam Eterno wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:58
On to the next one now.
Excellent,always so nice to complete a collection.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Another set completed on the weekend, this time it is Weird Planets by Alan Class, as I found my missing #22 in a bundle on Ebay. My largest complete Alan Class set so far. I've got some way to go to complete any of the big 6 though!

jim244

Post by jim244 »

Adam Eterno wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 12:21
Another set completed on the weekend, this time it is Weird Planets by Alan Class, as I found my missing #22 in a bundle on Ebay. My largest complete Alan Class set so far. I've got some way to go to complete any of the big 6 though!
Excellent and well done !!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

And another one completed. 3 separate purchases brought in the last 4 issues I needed for the complete set of 40 Top Secret Picture Library by IPC in the mid 70s. I’ve needed these 4 for ages and they all came up in the same week!