Is anyone still reading 2000AD?

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

tony ingram

Re: Is anyone still reading 2000AD?

Post by tony ingram »

starscape wrote:Wagner's Walk was actually the sequel to Hellman of Hammer Force from Battle. In one scene, they actually start calling each other the Battle series names by mistake.
I think I've read that scene, but I never made the connection! You learn something new every day. Why did they change the title?

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

the ending to Outlier was a disappointment; it had so much potential and never delivered a great denouement that it deserved. Savage is back shortly : wonder how long Mills can string this series out before it befalls the Slaine syndrome... as in... we have been here many times afore and we are still not advancing the story. He didn't think it too many! I object... it's far too many!

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

As a side note, Nikolai Dante knew when to end. Perhaps Mills should take note. Slaine is not Dredd and never will be.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

I'm sure Savage and his rebels actually managed to recapture London from the Volgs in one story, but in the next story they had somehow agreed a ceasefire and "re-unified", except the Volgs were as oppressive as ever, and Bill was still a hunted rebel on the run!