stickleback - sherlock holmes

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

geoff42

stickleback - sherlock holmes

Post by geoff42 »

any other 2000 ad reader held their head in their hands and thought: wtf! No, i'm not having this... after several serials, we come to Sherlock Holmes. Rather than a last panel shocker for the last serial, I just laughed hysterically and thought: stuff this for a game of soldiers!

geoff42

Re: stickleback - sherlock holmes

Post by geoff42 »

On a better note, Pat Mill's "GreySuit" is looking good... to be followed by another "Savage" book this xmas. Dredd, as always, is solid. The ending of Ichabod was a bit twee... expected a bitter ending as it deserved. Kingdom is extraordinary - love the unusual play of words - simple but effective. I always smirk at "Gene the Hackman" tag. Bob Byrne's caption-less and dialogue-less strip was all but predictable - he's far more original than this. I've yet to get my hands on the xmas issue... but someone else could steal my thunder if they so wish :)

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

geoff42 wrote:any other 2000 ad reader held their head in their hands and thought: wtf! No, i'm not having this... after several serials, we come to Sherlock Holmes. Rather than a last panel shocker for the last serial, I just laughed hysterically and thought: stuff this for a game of soldiers!
I rather liked it, actually. Though it was a bit of a cheat, after a lot of people had spent ages speculating on which past 2000 AD character he might be...

ApocalyptoDoom

Post by ApocalyptoDoom »

i was convinced he was Jack Dancer, Greysuits i just cannot get into at all, Ichabod i though was a brilliant ending

Not sure where Stickleback will go now, but i just want Valentine Bey i may of got his name wrong back