Alan Class

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Alan Class

Post by stevezodiac »

I see that Alan Class will be appearing at 30th Century Comics on Sunday 7th June. Had no idea he was still around.

stevezodiac

Re: Alan Class

Post by stevezodiac »

My mate Steve has just e-mailed to say there is an interview with Alan Class on the 30th Century website (its via youtube so I can't watch it at work - wouldn't anyway it wouldn't be proper).

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Wow! - that's excellent! Thanks for the heads-up Steve. What an amazing bloke. The interview clears up a number of issues I've always wondered about, though I'd still like to know who designed his original logos for 'Creepy Worlds' etc.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive index of the Alan Class comics? A friend of a friend (seriously!) is trying to track down some strips but doesn't want the expense of buying randomly to find them...

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

As they are American reprints it might be easier to locate the original American titles which are more readily catalogued. Also lots of golden age titles are now available on dvd at the comic mart for a fiver a title. Unofficial releases though. I have quite a few.

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Shaqui

While I don't know of a comprehensive Alan Class index, quite a lot of individual issues are indexed at http://www.comics.org/ You can search by individual titles from there.

Also, 30th Century Comics has an outline index at http://supertute2000.co.uk/extras/alan-class-guide/ They list general contents (eg "Charlton, pre-hero marvel, 3 Ditko, 1 Shadow") rather than individual story titles, but it all helps narrow things down.