Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Comic titles and artists (need help) 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:32 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Attachment:
Ο ΕΡΑΣΙΤΕΧΝΗΣ.JPG
Ο ΕΡΑΣΙΤΕΧΝΗΣ.JPG [ 102.29 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]
Attachment:
Η ΟΜΑΔΑ ΑΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΠΛΑΝΗΤΗ ΑΛΦΑ.JPG
Η ΟΜΑΔΑ ΑΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΠΛΑΝΗΤΗ ΑΛΦΑ.JPG [ 95.35 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]
Attachment:
The Fiery Man at number 6.JPG
The Fiery Man at number 6.JPG [ 108.13 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]


Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:22 pm
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 3467
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
The first one is Haddie which featured in the Hotspur as a reprint and was originally in the Hornet. Haddie is a play on the nickname for haddock and as Harold Hadleyis a fisherman, it works fairly well. The artist is Giralt.

The final story is another D C Thomson's story with Joe Greer, who is The Fiery Man At Number 6. This was printed in the Victor but I can't swear if it was originally printed as a picture story in The Wizard or The Hornet. Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4788
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:
As I gave Nikos the relevant information about Joe Greer on August 7th, Col, I can't quite see the point of telling him all over again. As we say in Lancashire, ''we don't boil our cabbages twice.''


Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:24 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:32 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
The first one is Haddie which featured in the Hotspur as a reprint and was originally in the Hornet. Haddie is a play on the nickname for haddock and as Harold Hadleyis a fisherman, it works fairly well. The artist is Giralt.

The final story is another D C Thomson's story with Joe Greer, who is The Fiery Man At Number 6. This was printed in the Victor but I can't swear if it was originally printed as a picture story in The Wizard or The Hornet. Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:


Thanks so much for the useful info provided !!!


Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:03 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:32 pm
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:
As I gave Nikos the relevant information about Joe Greer on August 7th, Col, I can't quite see the point of telling him all over again. As we say in Lancashire, ''we don't boil our cabbages twice.''


Thanks so far, anyway !!! The problem for me is that I don't know who the artist is :( :shock: :?


Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.