Comic titles and artists (need help)

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Nikos Nikolaidis

Comic titles and artists (need help)

Post by Nikos Nikolaidis »

Ο ΕΡΑΣΙΤΕΧΝΗΣ.JPG
Η ΟΜΑΔΑ ΑΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΠΛΑΝΗΤΗ ΑΛΦΑ.JPG
The Fiery Man at number 6.JPG

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Comic titles and artists (need help)

Post by colcool007 »

The first one is Haddie which featured in the Hotspur as a reprint and was originally in the Hornet. Haddie is a play on the nickname for haddock and as Harold Hadleyis a fisherman, it works fairly well. The artist is Giralt.

The final story is another D C Thomson's story with Joe Greer, who is The Fiery Man At Number 6. This was printed in the Victor but I can't swear if it was originally printed as a picture story in The Wizard or The Hornet. Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:
As I gave Nikos the relevant information about Joe Greer on August 7th, Col, I can't quite see the point of telling him all over again. As we say in Lancashire, ''we don't boil our cabbages twice.''

Nikos Nikolaidis

colcool007 wrote:The first one is Haddie which featured in the Hotspur as a reprint and was originally in the Hornet. Haddie is a play on the nickname for haddock and as Harold Hadleyis a fisherman, it works fairly well. The artist is Giralt.

The final story is another D C Thomson's story with Joe Greer, who is The Fiery Man At Number 6. This was printed in the Victor but I can't swear if it was originally printed as a picture story in The Wizard or The Hornet. Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:
Thanks so much for the useful info provided !!!

Nikos Nikolaidis

Phoenix wrote:
colcool007 wrote:Phoenix will probably be along in a bit to tell you the original printing of this as a text story. :lol:
As I gave Nikos the relevant information about Joe Greer on August 7th, Col, I can't quite see the point of telling him all over again. As we say in Lancashire, ''we don't boil our cabbages twice.''
Thanks so far, anyway !!! The problem for me is that I don't know who the artist is :( :shock: :?