Comic titles and artists (part 2)

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Nikos Nikolaidis

Re: Comic titles and artists (part 2)

Post by Nikos Nikolaidis »

colcool007 wrote:
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:I beleive that the artist of "The Boxer Nobody Knows" was Juan Giralt.
If you want examples of Giralt's work, then you need to look at Haddie which was in the Hotspur (which we have only recently discussed), The Blitz Kid which was in The Hornet and Red Dagger and The Bootneck Boy in Battle. Giralt also did quite a few of the Football Picture Story Monthlies too.

However, the artist for The Boxer Nobody Knows has a style that is distinct from Giralt's and it's an artist that I would not mind having a name put to the style.
Sorry, I can't understand the meaning of your phrase: "having a name put to the style" :? :( :)

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:I beleive that the artist of "The Boxer Nobody Knows" was Juan Giralt.
If you want examples of Giralt's work, then you need to look at Haddie which was in the Hotspur (which we have only recently discussed), The Blitz Kid which was in The Hornet and Red Dagger and The Bootneck Boy in Battle. Giralt also did quite a few of the Football Picture Story Monthlies too.

However, the artist for The Boxer Nobody Knows has a style that is distinct from Giralt's and it's an artist that I would not mind having a name put to the style.
Sorry, I can't understand the meaning of your phrase: "having a name put to the style" :? :( :)
Hi Nikos, what I meant is that I can recognise the style of the art, but I don't know who the artist is. However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

chrisb

Post by chrisb »

colcool007 wrote:However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.
Same here col. Hopefully, someone will be able to solve the mystery of his identity.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

chrisb wrote:
colcool007 wrote:However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.
Same here col. Hopefully, someone will be able to solve the mystery of his identity.
My money is on Ray coming to our rescue. :D
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!