Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Comic Libraries List 
Author Message

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
and Dandy Comic Libraries

137 - Desperate Dan - Desperate Dane
214 - Desperate Dan - Marathon Fun
215 - Cuddles and Dimples meet Spotted Dick
216 - Bananaman - Bananaman's Crazy Cousin
220 - Jocks and the Geordies - It's a Knockout


Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 am
Posts: 508
Reply with quote
I found two more fun size Beanos (both free with issues of the Beano) both of which are not on your list:

297 Minnie the Minx Learning to be posh, Roger the Dodger gives tips on trickery, The Beano robot wars
303 Roger the Dodger in Football craziness, Les pretend in mother brother, Calamity James in desert island dream.

also 297's ad revealed 298 Les Pretend in Animal Adveture, Ivy the terrible deals with an unruly bully

also i am sure i got 303 fun size beano free with an earlier issue of the Beano than the issue i got 297 free with. also do you know what issue fun size ended at?


Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Sorry I don't. Looks like it stopped not far short of what the Comic Libraries reached though - the last ones of those were Beano CL #368 and Dandy CL #344.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Thanks both of you, just updated it with all the info you gave me. Added a credit for Tin Can Tommy, but didn't need to for Jakob as you've contributed to my list before, so the credit was already there. :)

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:04 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Digifiend wrote:
Thanks both of you, just updated it with all the info you gave me. Added a credit for Tin Can Tommy, but didn't need to for Jakob as you've contributed to my list before, so the credit was already there. :)


I've found some more Beano Superstars, but here's a query...in the Beano Superstars list you have number 3 listed as "Dennis the Menace - Time Travellers", but here's a picture (from a completed ebay listing) of number 3, which is a Minnie the Minx one.
If you have a copy of "Dennis the Menace - Time Travellers, it might be worth checking".

Image

The others i've found

02 - Bash Street Kids - Born on the 5th July
09 - Dennis the Menace - The Antiques Gangshow
30 - Minnie the Minx - Minnie Miner
34 - Minnie the Minx - A World in Minature
37 - Dennis the Menace - This Little Piggy Went to Market
48 - Roger the Dodger - The CyberDodge
97 - Dennis the Menace - Double Dennis
116 - Dennis the Menace - Car Crazy
118 - Dennis the Menace - It's a Dog's World
119 - Dennis the Menace - Wild West Pest


Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:14 am
Profile

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
ah...a bit of digging and i've found the answer..the Dennis the Menace - Time Travellers comic wasn't "Beano Superstars #3", it was a "Beano Special #3".

Image

looks like there's quite a few "Beano Specials" such as this one (number 19)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dennis-Menace ... 0598258791

maybe it's something else to add to your list at some point :-)


Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 am
Posts: 508
Reply with quote
i assume those beano specials are unrelated to the other Beano specials they started in 2003.


Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 am
Posts: 333
Reply with quote
I was wondering if some one would mention those Beano specials (I think they started in 1988), the precursor of "Beano Super Stars". I have several issues of it if digi ever decides to add them to his site.

Thomson's have put out a lot of extraneous Beano material out there over the years!

_________________
Is it weird to have no interest in keeping or collecting free gifts?

My artwork: http://www.iancockburn.co.uk


Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
jakob1978 wrote:
Digifiend wrote:
Thanks both of you, just updated it with all the info you gave me. Added a credit for Tin Can Tommy, but didn't need to for Jakob as you've contributed to my list before, so the credit was already there. :)


I've found some more Beano Superstars, but here's a query...in the Beano Superstars list you have number 3 listed as "Dennis the Menace - Time Travellers", but here's a picture (from a completed ebay listing) of number 3, which is a Minnie the Minx one.
If you have a copy of "Dennis the Menace - Time Travellers, it might be worth checking".

Image

The others i've found

02 - Bash Street Kids - Born on the 5th July
09 - Dennis the Menace - The Antiques Gangshow
30 - Minnie the Minx - Minnie Miner
34 - Minnie the Minx - A World in Minature
37 - Dennis the Menace - This Little Piggy Went to Market
48 - Roger the Dodger - The CyberDodge
97 - Dennis the Menace - Double Dennis
116 - Dennis the Menace - Car Crazy
118 - Dennis the Menace - It's a Dog's World
119 - Dennis the Menace - Wild West Pest
:oops: Whoops, I thought the specials were renamed Superstars, not a separate publication. I'll fix that later and add the other stuff you guys have posted.
Tin Can Tommy wrote:
i assume those beano specials are unrelated to the other Beano specials they started in 2003.
Yeah, the second series of Beano Specials is the successor to the Beano Summer Special (several issues are summer specials in fact) and the predecessor of BeanoMAX.
dishes wrote:
I was wondering if some one would mention those Beano specials (I think they started in 1988), the precursor of "Beano Super Stars". I have several issues of it if digi ever decides to add them to his site.

Thomson's have put out a lot of extraneous Beano material out there over the years!
Please list them.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:22 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 am
Posts: 333
Reply with quote
"Beano Specials" came out two at a time, one each for Dennis and the Bash Street Kids:

1988:
5. Dennis the Menace and Gnasher: The Ho-Ho Horror Show
6. The Bash Street Kids: The Beasties From Pluton
7. Dennis the Menace and Gnasher: Softyland (artist Brian Walker)
8. The Bash Street Kids: Hot Spot (John Geering)
1989:
15. Dennis the Menace and Gnasher: Grand Prix
16. The Bash Street Kids: School's Out! (John Geering)
1990:
19. Dennis the Menace and Gnasher: It's Magic (Steve Bright)
20. The Bash Street Kids: The Transylvania Trip
1991:
27. Dennis the Menace and Gnasher: Defective Detective
28. The Bash Street Kids: The First Signs of Spring (David Sutherland!)
31. Dennis the Menace and Gnasher: Gnot the Gnine 'O Clock Gnews (sic)
32. The Bash Street Kids: Are the Cash Street Kids

I think issue 31 is Barrie Appleby but I'm not certain. Issue 6, curiously, the first two pages are by Steve Bright, but the rest are by someone else, possibly Barrie Appleby again (it is also a very un-Beano like story, incidentally). I don't have issue 15 so I can't speak for the contents but the cover is by Steve Bright. Don't have 27 either, but judging by the cover it looks like it also features Nick Kelly.

_________________
Is it weird to have no interest in keeping or collecting free gifts?

My artwork: http://www.iancockburn.co.uk


Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Thanks. Nick Kelly being in Defective Detective makes sense, it was the subtitle of his strip in the Beezer and Topper, which was the current version at the time.

EDIT: And we're up to date again.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Throgmorton

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:00 pm
Posts: 2244
Reply with quote
The last issue of Comic Superstars said so on the inside back cover. By that stage it was all scripts from the original Dennis TV series.


Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 am
Posts: 508
Reply with quote
AndyB wrote:
The last issue of Comic Superstars said so on the inside back cover. By that stage it was all scripts from the original Dennis TV series.


but what issue was the last?


Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
AndyB wrote:
The last issue of Comic Superstars said so on the inside back cover. By that stage it was all scripts from the original Dennis TV series.
Thanks for confirming that #121: Stone Age Story was printed.

_________________
Beano and Dandy Comic Libraries and Fun-Sizes list
Last update: 2 March 2017


Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 161
Reply with quote
Ok here's some more

Beano Fun Size 306

Dennis and Gnasher - Pirates Ahoy!
Plug - Gnome Sweet Gnome!
Calamity James - Under a Cloud! (has a caption "previously published in 2002")

Beano Specials (33 and 34 are called "Quarterly Beano Special")

01 (1987) - Dennis the Menace and Gnasher - Double Trouble
04 (1988) - Bash Street Kids - Roman Rascals
13 (1989) - Dennis the Menace and Gnasher - On Holiday
14 (1989) - Bash STreet Kids - The Eggsperts
17 (1989) - Dennis the Menace and Gnasher - Magical Mystery Tour
18 (1989) - Bash Street Kids - King Crab
21 (1990) - Dennis the Menace and Gnasher - Grand Slam!
22 (1990) - Bash Street Kids - Helping Teacher Out
23 (1990) - Dennis the Menace - Hot Wheels Holiday
24 (1990) - Bash Street Kids - Dr Wotsit
25 (1990) - Dennis the Menace and Gnasher - Cinderdennis
26 (1990) - Bash Street Kids - Fantasy Island
29 (1991) - Dennis the Menace - Band on the Fun
30 (1991) - Bash Street Kids - School Daze
33 (1991) - Dennis the Menace n Gnasher n Rasher - Menace Patrol
34 (1991) - Bash Street Kids - A Christmas Carol

Dandy Specials

03 (1991) - Desperate Dan - Malice in Cactusland
04 (1991) - Bananaman - The Secret of Willie Boggins


Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.