New Blog

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Brendan McGuire

New Blog

Post by Brendan McGuire »

I just wanted to let you know that I've started a blog. Nothing like the scale of Peter's though. :)
http://brendinicartoons.blogspot.com/

Al, if this is deemed as unpermissable self-promotion then please delete this thread.
Thanks.

Digifiend

Re: New Blog

Post by Digifiend »

Considering Peter Gray and Lew Stringer advertise their blogs in their signatures, I hardly think there'll be any problem with an advertising thread. :)

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Saw your cartoons on your blog..didn't get the vulture one..what is the Vulture saying..I'm sure its obvious once you tell me..

But nice axe joke on the other..it works as it looks like one of those joke axes..arrow through head type..also that he is fed up and annoyed that he got it wrong in beheading him..

I wonder if you will still be blogging after two years like me or even 4 years like Lew..
as long as you enjoy it you'll be epic as well.. :)

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

If anyone takes liberties in flogging their stuff via signatures, it's probably me!

I will quit doing this if the moderators demand it, but it's all cartoon-related, and hopefully creative, and I've loads more stuff planned along this line, including a [hopefully] mega-thread on here about creating a cartoon strip.

I am beginning to recognize your unique style of drawing , Brendan.....I only entered the cartoon club competition properly once, [I got zilch response, so it's back to me own stuff] but I sometimes try and encourage some of the more amateur entrants.

Lots of us are branching out into our own stuff, it seems, and as it's all different, why not?

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

I for one hope folk can keep their "signatures" on here, otherwise I wouldn't have had ascces to some great comic Blogs including Lew Stringers.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Meant to add Peter I think the vulture's saying "I spy with my little eye something begining with S" ("eeeesssss") i.e. sand and sky as thats all thats in the picture!

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

The wording needs to be clearer..and maybe more sand dunes around the characters...make it really empty all around..just my thoughts..

Brendan McGuire

Post by Brendan McGuire »

Thanks for all your comments. I think, perhaps, I ought to do my captions in capitals. My handwriting hasn't improved since the age of ten.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Self-promotion of Comic-related or cartoon-related items in signatures is encouraged. No problem whatsoever. Good luck with it Brendini.

Al.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

That's a relief, Al........I will try and make my ever-changing signatures little self-contained gags of their own in future.
cheers, mate!

Lettering can be a bit of a pain in cartoons/comic-strips, but it's definately important to clarity in these works. I'm not the best letterer ever, but it's getting easier and gradually better.