Christmas toys and games of the 1960s

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lew Stringer

Christmas toys and games of the 1960s

Post by Lew Stringer »

For a change, as it's Christmas, I thought I'd blog about some of the toys and board games I had in the 1960s. Found some yesterday whilst clearing out old stuff so I thought I'd post photos on my blog:
http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... -past.html

stevezodiac

Re: Christmas toys and games of the 1960s

Post by stevezodiac »

One of my Christmas presents in the 1960s was a Chad Valley Give-A-Show Projector. Mine had Hannah-Barbera cartoons like Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound. I still remember going to the toy shop in Deptford High Street and asking my dad to get me a toy winchester rifle - it cost £2.10.6d and I still have it today. For my first Action Man I plumped for the Scuba diving outfit, the French Resistance fighter outfit and the German Stormtrooper. As Pike said in Dad's Army "their uniforms were so smart". And I always had sets of those Airfix soldiers - usually 50 to a box and one inch high. Being a westerns fan I had the Union and Confederate armies and the US Cavalry. I still have sets of the two armies but they are ones I picked up a few years back for nostalgia's sake.