Magic Comic auction

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Magic Comic auction

Post by paw broon »

This article from The Scotsman today:-
http://www.scotsman.com/news/magic-comi ... -1-3653384
and the auction is in Dundee.
The article in the hard newspaper was illustrated with a photo of the bound vol.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Magic Comic auction

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

This is way out of my price range but would be interested in getting a good facsimilie version of these comics in one volume.......a pipe dream, I know.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

And the winner is -
Well, read this:-
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-30903799

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Before I clicked on the link I guessed it would have sold for in excess of £10,000 as two to three thousand was way too small a estimate. Probably the only British title I don't have an example of. ("Of which I do not have an example" I should say as I normally take people to task for ending a sentence with a preposition). What was I thinking of....?

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

To quote Colonel Jack O'Neil of Stargate "You b******! I hate it when people end a sentence with a preposition!" :)

Actually I don't think many English grammarians take that old injunction very seriously these days.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Nice to know, as I do have 17 of those 24 and 58 of the 80 over all. I got my copy of number 1 from a fellow collector called Stan Jenks some 35 years ago for the princely sum of £60.