LATEST COMMANDO MISPRINTED.

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I have just received Commandos 4043-4046 only to find that issue 4044 has been misprinted. It starts at page 35, finishes on page 65 then starts at page 35 again and likewise. So i have only half the issue - twice. I'd just like to know if there are any other subscribers who have suffered the same problem. I can't imagine only one copy would come of the presses like this so there must be a whole batch of them. Obviously I will ring DCT in the morning but I think I'll keep this copy for its uniqueness. Don't remember anything like this happening before in its 4000+ run.

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Instant collectors item.Buy more before they're gone! :shock:

Lew Stringer

Re: LATEST COMMANDO MISPRINTED.

Post by Lew Stringer »

stevezodiac wrote:I have just received Commandos 4043-4046 only to find that issue 4044 has been misprinted. It starts at page 35, finishes on page 65 then starts at page 35 again and likewise. So i have only half the issue - twice. I'd just like to know if there are any other subscribers who have suffered the same problem. I can't imagine only one copy would come of the presses like this so there must be a whole batch of them. Obviously I will ring DCT in the morning but I think I'll keep this copy for its uniqueness. Don't remember anything like this happening before in its 4000+ run.
The first Shiver & Shake Annual was like that, - a 16 page section was duplicated (but not in every copy). There's probably only a minor amount like it. I thumbed through the latest issues in my newsagent and they were fine.

Lew

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

If DCT won't send a replacement without me sending back the spoiled copy i'll have to don my Indiana Jones outfit and go in search of an issue. Woolwich is my nearest port of call as it is an army base and they have a Smiths in the High Street.

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen »

Does Marvel Annual 1973 count as a misprint? By that I mean that the pages were attached to the hardback cover upside down. I remember seeing the annual in WH Smiths in 1972 in that condition. Later I believe they were recalled, because when I got one in the sales the pages weer right way up.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Given how many comics and annuals have been produced over the years I'm sure that there must be hundreds of printing errors of one sort and another that have been discovered or awaiting discovery. For instance I've got a copy of the 1967 Beano Book that has a 32pg mid-section printed twice and is therefore 'missing' 32 pages. Can't see why such items would ever have much more than curiousity value though and as to a misprinted issue of Commando 4044 ever being a collectors item of monetary value, rather than a bloody annoyance to have to replace, we should all live so long!

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

My local branch of The Works is selling copies of the Scooby Doo annual that have had the covers affixed upside-down for ?2.50.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I phoned DCT and they are sending a replacement copy and no need for me to return the misprint. Nice to see another RAF Commando story by JORGE? this month, his work is right up there with the best US artists. Anyone know his full name? I think he has drawn a leather flying helmet in every Commando story he's drawn.

tolworthy

Post by tolworthy »

Ah, fond memories of Marvel UK's Classic Comics digest series. The last two issues (11 and 12 ) were Moonstone and Food of the Gods. Both excellent stories. But you had top buy them both, because the last few pages were mixed up between the two books. The really confusing thing was that the art and story were such that the change was not obvious. You found yourself reading the page twice thinking "did I miss something?"

I love illustrated classics.

I also have a "Funny Fortnighty" annual (sic)...

And does anyone remember the first few issues of Marvel UK's X-Men and Thor comics? They got a special deal printing them in Ireland and the four colors were like a centimeter off. And of course with the six week time lag they acted like evrything was normal for the first month.

Happy memories.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Not quite as major, but it seems current issues are supposed to have a "Flying School" (picture of a training aircraft) and a "March Past" (An old soldier's uniform and equipment) in each issue. However issue 4040 (Days of Fear) has two "March Past"'s and 4041 (Taxi!) has two "Flying School"'s

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: LATEST COMMANDO MISPRINTED.

Post by colcool007 »

felneymike wrote:Not quite as major, but it seems current issues are supposed to have a "Flying School" (picture of a training aircraft) and a "March Past" (An old soldier's uniform and equipment) in each issue. However issue 4040 (Days of Fear) has two "March Past"'s and 4041 (Taxi!) has two "Flying School"'s
Unusual, sound like there's been a mix up at the printing works. I think the Chief Printer will be off to see Mr Ed with several Commandos down the back of his trousers to soften the caning! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!