Commando reprint issues

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Commando reprint issues

Post by stevezodiac »

I got the latest batch of Commandos yesterday and I got to wondering, the reprints are for fans to fill in gaps in their collections. So why don't the editors give the original issue number alongside the original publishing date? It wouldn't take a lot of room and could be of invaluable help.

David, its over to yew.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: Commando reprint issues

Post by felneymike »

Don't know if you know of http://britishcomics.20m.com/

It contains a very exhaustive list of Commando comics with (tiny) cover scans, issue numbers and reprint numbers.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Nice to see the original issue numbers now appearing in the credits of the reprint issues. Thanks for that. I always thought the reprints were two consecutive issues but apparently not so.

Just realised next July will be the 50th anniversary of Commando. What's planned. An item from Adrian Chiles on the One Show? (As long as its not Live from Studio 5 - Ian Wright - aarrgh!) "And now sumfink wot I used to read when I was a boy"

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I was just thinking about this the other day. I would love to see a coffee-table style book about Commando with all relevant credits. Admittedly, there would be few people interested in it, but I, for one, would love a book like this.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Similar to The History of The Beano you mean? It would certainly sell, considering they already do those hardback Commando collections.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Digifiend wrote:Similar to The History of The Beano you mean? It would certainly sell, considering they already do those hardback Commando collections.
Exactly, it would be great to see who is responsible for all those stories. Plus, to have the whole thing in one place would be fantastic. And if they dedicated it to either George Low or Vic Whittle, that would be the icing on the cake for me.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!