Unique Comic Collectibles

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

Sage the Owl

Unique Comic Collectibles

Post by Sage the Owl »

Has anyone had any dealings with these people ?
The reason I ask is that they are doing "Fine art prints" of some of the Commando covers and as there are some Ian Kenndy & JMG works amongst them I am interested in possibly purchasing one or two.
Whats putting me off though is that the website went off line for a few months earlier in the year with a holding page stating that they would be back in April with an all new & improved product range.
Well, April came and went with no sign of the promised site.
Eventually it came back up but with exactly the same content as before even down to the text stating that a 10 day stock taking sale is on ending on February 24.
It dosn't inspire confidence in the prospective buyer. :?

RC and GT

Re: Unique Comic Collectibles

Post by RC and GT »

They've had some issues but the prints are in stock and if ordered will be despatched.
I'm assured they will be updating the text in the next few days. The site was re-opened so people could order for Christmas. The re-stocking and updating will be completed for the start of the New Year. It's been delayed.
You'll note there's no calendars this year also.

There's an interesting Billy The Cat item being prepped for release in January (limited edition of twenty with some already pre-ordered by those in the know)!

Sage the Owl

Re: Unique Comic Collectibles

Post by Sage the Owl »

Thanks for the info, that gives me a bit of reassurance for ordering.
I cant help thinking though that it would have been a good idea to at least remove the text relating to the February sale before opening the site to traffic again as it will almost certainly have put people off ordering unless like yourself they were "in the know".
Interesting little tidbit about "Billy the cat", its time the British comics heritage was exploited a bit, the yanks have had it to much their own way for decades.