Commando Credits

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Commando Credits

Post by colcool007 »

If any of you have been following my blog, then you will know that I am on a bit of a Commando kick at the moment. From the open source articles, I managed to come up with my article They Might Be Giants detailing what credits I have been able to find online.

Since then, I have moved up to 3,753 cover artists, 3,320 story artists and 1,725 writers. And that is mainly thanks to the research of Peter Richardson who has passed over the results of his research to see how close we can get to a unified open source credit catalogue.

Now one issue is going to cause me problems as the records that Peter consulted were incomplete and this is issue 253 The Killing Giants. Now, the cover looks to be a Jordi Penalva cover from the pictures that I can see online, but I have not got a clue regarding the story artist or the writer. If I was forced to guess the writer, I would probably plump for Eric Hebden, but that would be a guess.

So I am just wondering if anyone out here has any idea of who the artists and writer of this issue is?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Digifiend

Re: Commando Credits

Post by Digifiend »

It would help if you got the name of the story right.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Sorry about getting the title wrong, but great work in finding a decent picture of the cover.

Now that I can see it better, I think it might be a Segrelles cover, but I can't be certain that it is not a Jordi Penalva cover.

Any thoughts folks?

Sergeant Jock

Post by Sergeant Jock »

Definitely Segrelles.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

OK, thanks to the help of Vic Whittle, I now have credits for all the covers, all but 57 of the story artists credited and all but 125 of the writers credits.

However, I am stuck on credits for the annuals. I have identified all the artists bar two so any help would be appreciated. Attached are pictures for the missing two artists.
1989 04 Killed In Action Story.jpg
Reluctant Hero Story.jpg
Can anyone please help me?