Phoenix's Future Plans

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: Phoenix's Future Plans

Post by stevezodiac »

Last year on a lbc radio legal phone-in a caller said his he got chatting to a couple of blokes in a pub who said they did removals so he employed their services. They loaded all his worldly goods into the back of their lorry and were never seen again. So always use a reputable firm.

A few days later he is walking along the street and happens to glance into someone's window: "blimey that bloke is wearing a shirt and trousers just like I used to have, and that sombrero is just like the one I bought in Mexico last summer. His telly is just like mine and, strewth, he even has a blue budgerigar like Joey in a cage identical to the one I had. Hang on, that photo behind him on the cabinet just like mine. It looks like me when I was getting married. Nah can't be."

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Quite a warning that, Steve. Amusingly expressed too. Don't worry, I've got all my chairs at home. (That's a Lancashire expression for being on the ball and constantly aware.)

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

It's Billy's funeral on Friday at 9am. 9am!! I'm going to have to pay actual money to get there as my Merseyrail Travel Card doesn't kick in till half nine!!! I'll be OK coming back of course so at least I'll only need to buy a single ticket. I suppose it's possible that David will be flying back to the States that same day on an evening service. I'll find that out on Friday. Not a day I'm looking forward to though, not remotely.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:It's Billy's funeral on Friday at 9am. 9am!! I'm going to have to pay actual money to get there as my Merseyrail Travel Card doesn't kick in till half nine!!! I'll be OK coming back of course so at least I'll only need to buy a single ticket. I suppose it's possible that David will be flying back to the States that same day on an evening service. I'll find that out on Friday. Not a day I'm looking forward to though, not remotely.
I know what you mean. I hate funerals (gloom).

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Sorry to hear of your loss Derek, I hope the day goes as well as it can.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:It's Billy's funeral on Friday at 9am. 9am!! I'm going to have to pay actual money to get there as my Merseyrail Travel Card doesn't kick in till half nine!!! I'll be OK coming back of course so at least I'll only need to buy a single ticket.
It turns out that I will only have to travel to Kirkdale, which is on the Ormskirk to Liverpool Central line, and for which I will of course need a single ticket. Billy's daughter Lisa rang me this afternoon to offer to pick me up there at 7.30 a.m. and then drive me to the Landican cemetary. I understand that after the service there is going to be a meal in a nearby restaurant, after which Lisa will drive me back to Kirkdale, and my travel card and I will catch a train home.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:My book, which as you already know is to be called BUNTY AND HER SISTERS, will probably take nine months to write, and although I am doing a lot of the preliminary work here, I definitely won't start writing it until I have settled into the house I've bought in Hayle. According to my solicitors that will be within the next six weeks.
My moving date looks now as if it will be Wednesday May 30th. Both Andrew and Russell are coming up at some point this weekend to lend a hand with the packing. It is, of course, entirely possible that I may not post again until I am settled in Hayle. At least I'll be breathing cleaner air down there.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:My moving date looks now as if it will be Wednesday May 30th
Not now though. My solicitor has flagged up a problem near the beginning of the chain, so at the moment it's looking more like a mid-June completion. Not to worry. I'm sure that all eleven girls' titles will be restraining their enthusiasm, and I will have to do likewise. Andrew has gone back to London but Russ is still here. However, he will need to go back to Hayle tomorrow afternoon. This new uncertainty about the leaving date is now preventing me from booking a transport company until nearer the due date, at which point they may not even have lorries available.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

hope it gets sorted asap Derek i know its a pain as my brother just went through months of grief moving.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

big bad bri wrote:hope it gets sorted asap Derek i know its a pain as my brother just went through months of grief moving.
Thanks, Bri. So do I.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

It is still looking like a mid-June completion according to my solicitors. That's only a week from today though so I'll believe it when I see it. I think I'll let Rachel sort it out. She cuts to the chase a lot quicker than I do, and won't put up with any nonsense.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

The woman whose house I am buying has now left. Rachel took the family pooch round that area for his walk this morning, and rang me when she got home to tell me that the house is empty. In one sense that is good news but my solicitors are not exactly filling me with optimism. However, my buyer rang later today to tell me that his buyer is good to go so hopefully there will be some positive action shortly. I have told Russell that I will be totally ready to leave here by Friday evening, but I will still need a firm to transport my belongings to Hayle. More news when I have something more positive to report!!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I went over to Wallasey this morning to meet up with Annie Brereton, a good friend from my days as a professional singer in the sixties, to buy her a farewell lunch as I'm going permanently to Cornwall on the 20th of June, and I'm not intending to come back up here. We went to the Nelson, which isn't all that far from Grove Road railway station on the New Brighton route. We must have been there nearly four hours but I still only had one pint of John Smith's, mainly because I was driving, while Annie, who doesn't drive, made serious inroads into a bottle of red. The food was adequate. Thinking about it, I can't remember any recent pub meal that was better than adequate. It must be the way they cook them. Anyway, the main thrust of this post is to inform members that it may be a good while before I post again because I will be very busy doing all the things associated with moving house. Getting stressed is likely to top that list.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

I was on the phone to Derek yesterday and he is now happily ensconced in Cornwall. He say's he'll be back here on comicsuk as soon as he's managed to find an available space, amid all the packing cases, to set up his computer.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I'll watch out for him in future episodes of Poldark! :)