When was the Tammy revamp?

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Marionette

When was the Tammy revamp?

Post by Marionette »

I know Tammy went through a big revamp, possibly even a relaunch in late 1980, but I'm missing several issues there, so I was wondering if anyone could pin down which issue it was for me. I know it's between 11th October 1980 and 8th November. It's the first issue with the second Tammy logo and contains almost all new stories. As I recall, there's even a big 'no. 1' on the cover to imply it's a new comic.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

helsbels

Re: When was the Tammy revamp?

Post by helsbels »

The first issue with the second Tammy Logo was the 11th October 1980 issue whenthe Tammy and June cover girls were dropped and the Bella stories started on the cover.
http://mistycomic.co.uk/Merger_Issues.html#35
The issue you mention that had the "No 1" and several new stories was the relaunch after Jinty had been dropped from the logo and was on 17th July 1982.

http://mistycomic.co.uk/Merger_Issues.html#127

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

You're right, I was conflating the second logo relaunch with the third logo relaunch. And completely forgetting that Misty.co.uk had all those lovely covers.

I'd blame it on the lack of sleep, but I'm not sure my brain would have got it even if I'd managed more than two hours sleep last night. Thanks very much.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Not that it's in any way connected, except by being a couple of issues later, but I was wondering if anyone might be able to do me a high quality (300dpi) scan of the 8th November 1980 issue's cover, as the cover of my copy has been horribly graffitied.