Cristina y Sus Amigos - Manuel Cuyas

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

RuthB

Re: Cristina y Sus Amigos - Manuel Cuyas

Post by RuthB »

I was recently (October) in Lambiek but they did not have them. I asked as ell for some Pegys, but they were moving boxes and shelves around and kind of it was dificult to find anything. The manage to get a box with some Tinas so I got them all and a couple of Albums of Betsy and Billy Turf. I am coming back to Amsterdam next month so I will visit them again and see if I can find any more treasures.

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

You could have a look at www.marktplaats.nl. There are always a lot of Dutch girls comics on that site. But then of course you have to pay shipping costs, and I imagine these must be quite steep to have the comics send to Spain.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

I live in Ireland :)

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

He he, sorry! Well, still the shipping costs will be high. I don't know why I thought you were from Spain! :-)

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

No, That is right. I am from Spain, but living in Ireland for the past 19 years.

I buy frequently in ebay Germany and other European countries and usually depending on weight of package the postage is more than reasonable. Only country with overprice postage is Italy and sometimes Spain depending on the seller.

Only last month I asked a seller how much postage would be for 1 only comic, the only one I was missing from a collection. The comic was on sale for 3 euros and usualy being 1 or up to 5-6 comics if the weight is not bigger than 500grs they charge me 10 euros. Being the only issue missing I did not mind paying that.

My surprise was the man asked me for 20e. I told him NO WAY! and he said his warehouse was far away and it was not worth for him to go searching for only one comic and I should get some more of his comics up to a value of a tenner and then he woould consider it. I reply very politely that I had already looked through his other comics on sale as it was cheaper for me to get a bundle and not only one issue but I had them all. He kind of hinted he did not believe me and agreed to sell it to me but costs would be 15e as he had to take several buses and ... hold on, he could not tell me when he would post it, if in a couple of days, a month or three.

Obviously I did not even bother replying to that. I buy something, I must pay within 3 days or they cancel on me and then I have to wait until he consideres (if he remembers!) it is time to post it??

I bught from another seller and 10 days later I had it. Another collection finished!

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

What a weird man! Good for you you found it somewhere else.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

You have to be very careful when buying there. I have been quoted all kind of prices. They think because you leave abroad you are not up to date with prices and they will try to charge you even the coffee in their way to or from the Post Office!
Saying that, I have found loads of genuine sellers, the last one asked me for 30e for 6 comics. Told him no. Finally he charged me 6.30, ended up (him) paying 12.50, did not want to charge me for the difference even though I offered to pay for it and sent me an extra comic.

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

I've been buying on Marktplaats for about fifteen years. Most sellers are okay, but unfortunately there are some that can not be trusted. That's why a rating system like on Ebay would be a good thing.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Do you know by any chance any old bookstore selling old comics in Amsterdam? -apart from Lambiek. I was told there are several places up North but that is not on my way to anywhere. When I was there in October I just went by my own and I visit most of the places to see in Amsterdam (including Museums) but it was not an option to go gallivanting the other side of the station. This time I am going only 4 days and with my partner, so it would need to be a place around the are between the station and the museum quarter really (all rings). Could not find anything in Google so I might be asking for something that does not exist.

marckie73

Post by marckie73 »

I found some on the internet, but I haven't been to any of them. As I already have all the Dutch comics I want, I haven't been to comic shops in the Netherlands for many years.

Go Joker Comics, Zeedijk 31-A
Snoek Strips, Linnaeusstraat 205
Nou Moe!!, Lindenstraat 1
Fantasia, Buitenveldertselaan 174
Van der Bunt, Lootsstraat 7-HS

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Thanks!!