Two Mandy stories I want to find

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: Two Mandy stories I want to find

Post by Tammyfan »

peace355 wrote:I've emailed you on the first 2 episodes, I am missing issue 607 but have the rest I can send on.
Thank you so much!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:I need to find episodes of a Mandy serial called "I'll Take Care of Tina!", Mandy 605-616. I already have the final episode in #616, but need more, particularly the first episode and penultimate episode. And I need to have actual scans of the episodes, not episode summaries. Can anyone help please?
As you need 11 of the 12 instalments, Briony, rather than just two or three, and as that would involve my creating 11 Comics UK posts at three pages per instalment in which to accommodate them, after resizing them, I'm forced to conclude that it would take far too much time out of my busy schedule. The best I can offer, given that I do have every instalment, is what I assume will be 33 full-page scans, which I could post to you. So, if that will suit you, please PM me your address. I realise that you have sent it to me on two previous occasions but unfortunately I didn't transfer it to my address book either time. I will almost certainly be able to do the scans within the next week or so.
Peace says she can provide most of the episodes except #607. Not too much trouble for you to provide it?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Not at all. I'll post the instalment here later.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Here, as promised, Briony, is the instalment of ''I'll Take Care Of Tina!'' in issue 607 of Mandy. I've just noticed that I forgot to convert the second page into Greyscale, but it's readable as it is.
Attachments
CareOfTina1.jpg
CareOfTina2.jpg
CareOfTina3.jpg

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Thank you, Phoenix! And Peace, of course. Ann sure is setting herself up to be a red herring by scheming Elaine, isn't she?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:I need to have actual scans of the episodes, not episode summaries.
Just out of curiosity, Tammyfan, why was it essential on this occasion for you to insist on scans rather than the descriptions that have served you well previously?

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:I need to have actual scans of the episodes, not episode summaries.
Just out of curiosity, Tammyfan, why was it essential on this occasion for you to insist on scans rather than the descriptions that have served you well previously?
You'll see on "Girls Comics of Yesterday" fairly soon.

Update: it's there now.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

The need for actual scans was presumably so that you could put plenty of illustrations in the post? That's great to see, but I must say it did sound a bit as if you wanted the whole story scanned with every single page, so I was wondering what you might be doing with that - more OuBaPo perhaps? :D
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:I was wondering what you might be doing with that - more OuBaPo perhaps?
I vaguely recall seeing the term OuBaPo somewhere. Could you please remind me, comixminx, what it stands for, or refers to. Thanks in anticipation.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

comixminx wrote:The need for actual scans was presumably so that you could put plenty of illustrations in the post? That's great to see, but I must say it did sound a bit as if you wanted the whole story scanned with every single page, so I was wondering what you might be doing with that - more OuBaPo perhaps? :D
When doing a story discussion, summaries will not cut it the way reading the actual episodes do. Besides, I have never read the story in its entirety, only part 6 from years ago, which made the story stick with me, and then the final episode.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
comixminx wrote:I was wondering what you might be doing with that - more OuBaPo perhaps?
I vaguely recall seeing the term OuBaPo somewhere. Could you please remind me, comixminx, what it stands for, or refers to. Thanks in anticipation.
It comes from the Jinty forum. It's a sort of challenge to either do new text with old artwork from stories or new artwork with the original text and see what comes out of it. For example, redrawing an episode of The Four Marys with all the characters turned into cartoon cats, ogres, mice or witches. Or do a Four Marys story with new text. Change the names of the characters, even. See how it looks if the heroines have individual first names instead of sharing the same one...

Hope you get the idea.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:For example, redrawing an episode of The Four Marys with all the characters turned into cartoon cats, ogres, mice or witches.
Well, well. So The Four Marys could even be turned into The Four Candles. The Two Ronnies would have approved of such an ingenious trajectory. :)

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

There is an explanation on the Jinty forum here:
https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/2015/1 ... y-edition/

and a category with all the posts relevant to it, here:
https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/category/oubapo/

It has been fun, and also revealed some interesting things about the strips themselves (for instance, about how much is hidden in characters' thoughts rather than their dialogue, in "Concrete Surfer").
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:For example, redrawing an episode of The Four Marys with all the characters turned into cartoon cats, ogres, mice or witches.
Well, well. So The Four Marys could even be turned into The Four Candles. The Two Ronnies would have approved of such an ingenious trajectory. :)
Right, you've asked for it:

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Right, you've asked for it:
That's just brilliant, Briony. So ingenious. Very well done. Talk about going the extra mile!! I've printed it off already and I'm going to frame it.
Last edited by Phoenix on 10 Jun 2016, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.