D. C. Thomsons' Picture Story Libraries For Girls

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Tammyfan

Re: D. C. Thomsons' Picture Story Libraries For Girls

Post by Tammyfan »

Debbie Picture Library reformatted "The Shop at Shudder Corner" from Spellbound.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Debbie Picture Library reformatted "The Shop at Shudder Corner" from Spellbound.
Yes, thank you for that, Tammyfan. I do have that issue but I just hadn't made the connection, probably because I'm buying them in by their issue number rather than by their story title. I've got a couple of hundred across the four story paper titles but I haven't needed to read any of them yet.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I think reformatting became more common with the increasing availability of photographic copies that were used for titles like the Girl Picture Library. Before that publishers generally had to cut up pages of original artwork whenever they adapted any picture strip serial for the different format: a process that must have been horribly labour-intensive!