Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Katy 1-10 Misty & Tammy reprints Vulcan For Girls? 

I've just picked up some Katy comics and was surprised to find the contents to be in colour. They are also very much in the same format as Vulcan; colour rpts of b/w strips, comic size and paper quality is very similar. A very cool little series.

21 Mar 2015, 14:29

Thanks, I was trying to track down an Internet source on Katy so I could make references to what stories were reprinted. I did not know Katy had reprinted some Misty. I knew she reprinted from Tammy, Jinty and other sources I don't know. Are you able to provide a list of the stories that appeared in Katy, please? Some I remember were:

Creepy Crawley - Jinty
Combing Her Golden Hair - Jinty
Alone in London - original comic unknown
The Upper Crust - Tammy
Witch Hazel - Tammy

21 Mar 2015, 20:27

Here are all the other strips;
Guitar Girl
Claws (cat cartoon)
The Cats Of Carey St
Sister To A Star
Minnie's Mixer (cartoon)
The Petticoat Pirate
Dora Dogsbody

21 Mar 2015, 20:52

Thanks.

22 Mar 2015, 02:25
Guru

Tammyfan wrote:
I was trying to track down an Internet source on Katy so I could make references to what stories were reprinted. I did not know Katy had reprinted some Misty. I knew she reprinted from Tammy, Jinty and other sources I don't know. Are you able to provide a list of the stories that appeared in Katy, please?
Won't you also need the starting and ending issue numbers, and their dates, Tammyfan?

22 Mar 2015, 10:21

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:
I was trying to track down an Internet source on Katy so I could make references to what stories were reprinted. I did not know Katy had reprinted some Misty. I knew she reprinted from Tammy, Jinty and other sources I don't know. Are you able to provide a list of the stories that appeared in Katy, please?
Won't you also need the starting and ending issue numbers, and their dates, Tammyfan?

Yes, that's a good idea. In fact, I reckon somebody should write an entry about Katy on the wiki or something. This publication is little known and could do with more attention.

22 Mar 2015, 10:27

Guitar Girl - Tammy
Claws (cat cartoon) - ?
The Cats Of Carey St - Misty
Sister To A Star - ?
Minnie's Mixer (cartoon) - Buster (I think)
The Petticoat Pirate - ?
Dora Dogsbody - Jinty

Can anyone identify the origins of the ones with question marks? I can't place them.

22 Mar 2015, 10:33

Fortnightly #1 31.11.86 #10 last issue 6.3.87 it then joined Barbie!!

22 Mar 2015, 12:41

Wasn't Sister To A Star from Sandie?

22 Mar 2015, 18:44

The stories in Katy were colour reprints from stories that were published in the Dutch Tina. I don't know if they translated them back into English, or that they used the original English text that was used in Jinty, Sandie and Tammy. What I like about the stories that were printed in Tina, was that they numbered the pages of each story, as you can see in Katy.

27 Jun 2015, 15:14

marckie73 wrote:
The stories in Katy were colour reprints from stories that were published in the Dutch Tina. I don't know if they translated them back into English, or that they used the original English text that was used in Jinty, Sandie and Tammy. What I like about the stories that were printed in Tina, was that they numbered the pages of each story, as you can see in Katy.

I can tell you it was the original English script in Katy.

17 Jul 2015, 06:54

japandroid wrote:
I've just picked up some Katy comics and was surprised to find the contents to be in colour. They are also very much in the same format as Vulcan; colour rpts of b/w strips, comic size and paper quality is very similar. A very cool little series.

How interesting to hear of this comic which I'd not come across before! Is there any possibility of some scans, of a cover and/or some of the interior?

17 Jul 2015, 10:05
Profile WWW

comixminx wrote:
japandroid wrote:

How interesting to hear of this comic which I'd not come across before! Is there any possibility of some scans, of a cover and/or some of the interior?

Not from me, unfortunately. Currently I have no Katys.

17 Jul 2015, 10:07

Tammyfan wrote:
comixminx wrote:
japandroid wrote:

Not from me, unfortunately. Currently I have no Katys.

I was hoping Japandroid might be able to oblige. :)

17 Jul 2015, 10:10
Profile WWW

Here you can see some of the covers and content:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KATY-1-10-Nea ... 7675.l2557

If you scroll down the page, you can see more.

17 Jul 2015, 12:05
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next