Tina and Princess Tina

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

moloneymagic

Tina and Princess Tina

Post by moloneymagic »

Hi, is anybody able to help me with the correct titling and merger history of Princess, Tina and Princess Tina comic? I read on the UK Comics Wiki and dandare.info that Tina as a stand-alone title lasted only 30 or so weeks in 1967 before merging into Princess, after which the merged publication was called Princess Tina.

I just saw a large lot of Tina/Princess Tina comics listed on ebay and a closer examination of some of the photos suggests that the comic reverted to just 'Tina' by August 1973.

If anybody could tell me the date that the title reverted back to just Tina, and whether there were any other title changes in the comic's history, I'd be really grateful.

Best,
David

RuthB

Re: Tina and Princess Tina

Post by RuthB »

For what I know Princess merged with Girl in 1964 being called The New Princess and Girl for a while. Then in 1967 it merges with Tina being then Princess Tina for 6 years. In 1974 it merges with Pink.

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Hope I am right

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Looking at the ones I have it is just that the "Princess" word got small compared to the big TINA title

RuthB

Post by RuthB »

Oh my god!! I am after seeing the pricess of some Princess Tina magazines in ebay!! Are we greedy mad??? 30 pounds for a bloody magazine??? since when??

moloneymagic

Post by moloneymagic »

Many thanks RuthB, appreciate the quick reply. Yes I agree, a ridiculous price! It'll be interesting to see if they sell.

It looks (form those photos) as though the 'Princess' bit did slip off the main title before merging with Pink. I wonder when that happened.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I have seen auctions of comics that I think were overpriced too. But thirty pounds a comic sounds way too much to me.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Tammyfan wrote:I have seen auctions of comics that I think were overpriced too. But thirty pounds a comic sounds way too much to me.
I agree, Tammyfan, £30 per magazine is way too much. I recently sold my collection of Tina and Princess Tina on ebay at a starting price of £2 per issue but all went for between £3.50 ish to over £10 per issue. They are lovely comics but I need both the space and the cash at the moment. I scanned what I wanted to keep.